Aerox 100 cutting out after 5 sec

filip
This post is 5129 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm another new forum member.

I left my Aerox 100 standing during the Christmas period. When I tried to start it in 2 weeks time - it started only for about 10 sec and then cut off! I decided to do the usual thing as before - took the spark plug out wiped it off, it started- the fuel tank was empty, so I went to the garage to put some fuel. Up to the brim... I left it running while I washed all the salt accumulated on the bike the last 2 winter months.

Next morning it started after 2 min kick starting it. It run a bit rough and lumpy.

After work started and I left it idling for about 2 min. When I went to set off, I opened the THROTTLE and it cut off.

It's been like this since then.

I've installed brand new spark plug just to make sure, but to no joy. Only starts the first time after I wipe the spark plug dry, and then it only turns but it does not start... :(

Any productive advice appreciated!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I left it idling for about 2 min. When I went to set off, I opened the THROTTLE and it cut off.

It's been like this since then.

I've installed brand new spark plug just to make sure, but to no joy. Only starts the first time after I wipe the spark plug dry, and then it only turns but it does not start... :(

Any productive advice appreciated!!!

I'm confused now, "Only starts the first time after I wipe the spark plug dry, and then it only turns but it does not start" now that does not make sense :huh:

I'm confused now, "Only starts the first time after I wipe the spark plug dry, and then it only turns but it does not start" now that does not make sense :huh:

It was a bit late last night when I was posting the question... Sorry!

After cleaning the spark plug it only starts for 2-5 sec, and cuts off. When I try to start it again it fails to start.

Basically I have to take the spark plug out again, clean it, to be able to start it! But even then it only runs for 2-5 sec.

My dad suggested fuel delivery problems - fuel lines/ carburettor...etc.

Hope it sound a bit clearer now?

Any ideas about the problem?

I think it may be flooded, like really flooded. I would say that either a jet has blocked or possibly the airfilter is wet from the washing and all the attempts to start it have chucked loads of fuel into the motor and now you have a puddle of it in the cases.

Have the plug out and just give it a couple of good cranks, leave it a while, have a brew whatever then do it again. Dont put the plug in yet.

Have another brew read the paper whatever.

Take out the air filter and give it a check, leave it out for now.

Few more cranks

Now get the plug and warm it with a blow torch, kitchen stove whatever till its nice and hot NOT glowing, just enough to burn your fingers.

Wack the plug in fast an hot and see if she'll go.

Doesent sound very scientific but it works on chain saws. The crankcases should have vented and the hot plug helps as the heat of the plug will stop it wetting before the engine has started properly.

Otherwise i can't really help. I'm ok on strokers but there is a lot of mysterious plumbing on those scoots to make it all automatic. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, have you found out the problem yet ? Ive got the same bike with a similar problem, if your still having problems i can give you a list of all the things ive done to try and sort mine out

I finally managed to sort it out. It was not flooded! One of the two fuel lines(smaller diameter one) that connect the carburettor and fuel tank was split, so there wasn't any fuel coming to the engine. It was split from being trapped from the centre stand. I'm not 100% sure it is actually a fuel line- there wasn't any fuel spillage, but it runs from the bottom part of the fuel tank to the bottom end of the carburettor. To get to it you have to remove some side panels and the under-seat compartment.

If you need step by step guide in taking it apart send me a message.

Phil

Figures, i said they had all sorts of plumbing to make it all automatic.

Glad to hear its running again.

I finally managed to sort it out. It was not flooded! One of the two fuel lines(smaller diameter one) that connect the carburettor and fuel tank was split, so there wasn't any fuel coming to the engine. It was split from being trapped from the centre stand. I'm not 100% sure it is actually a fuel line- there wasn't any fuel spillage, but it runs from the bottom part of the fuel tank to the bottom end of the carburettor. To get to it you have to remove some side panels and the under-seat compartment.

If you need step by step guide in taking it apart send me a message.

Phil

Brilliant, il have mine back in the workshop tomorrow to check that, good to hear your all fixed :-)

• 6 months later...

i also have a aerox 100 i was travelling whilst it just died on me. This has happened before and it was only the HT cap that needed to be reattached but its not the cap this time.

I was riding and the bike just died on me and then would never start. it wouldnt start with the airfilter box on it and then when it did get running again i got on it when i went to open the throttle and rev it was lowering in revs rather than gaining buit when i let goof the throttle it [picked back up again and this happened again and again it was pulling me but only on about 1000 revs any more and it began dying.

now the carburetta keeps flooding

im recharging the battery as we speak any ideas peoples please im on the last straw :(