side cover/air box issue

bznchris
This post is 5361 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey again, got yet another question about the project! When I bought the bike, the previous owner had removed the side covers and air box, and used just cone filters on the carbs. i plan to go back to an air/battery box, with side covers. I've ordered the air box, along with a set of side covers. But I don't see where the side covers would attach to the bike. Do they attach to the airbox? If not, it's possible the previous owner removed the part that the cover attaches to. Would anyone be able to post a pic of where they attach? I have all the manuals, but most are for '82 and up, after the design of the side covers was changed and I can't seem to find a description or pic of the side covers... Thanks all!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey again, got yet another question about the project! When I bought the bike, the previous owner had removed the side covers and air box, and used just cone filters on the carbs. i plan to go back to an air/battery box, with side covers. I've ordered the air box, along with a set of side covers. But I don't see where the side covers would attach to the bike. Do they attach to the airbox? If not, it's possible the previous owner removed the part that the cover attaches to. Would anyone be able to post a pic of where they attach? I have all the manuals, but most are for '82 and up, after the design of the side covers was changed and I can't seem to find a description or pic of the side covers... Thanks all!

have you tried an online fiche? that usually gives the way they are fixed via a broken line!

try here

have you tried an online fiche? that usually gives the way they are fixed via a broken line!

try here

Ah, now what would I do without you, drewpy?

looks like I have some welding to do! (sigh)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online