tdm850/900's

liquidcooled
This post is 7348 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

any of you rode or owned a tdm? just wondering what they are like as i have seen a few for sale and they look quite tempting. i've heard about the gearboxes being pretty naff but apart from that not much else. what are they like performance/handling wise? any info would be appreciated...... 8)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Out side of the dodgy gearbox probs, I've heard nothing but good things about 'em Alan :wink: ......they look all-day comfy in the ergo dept. 8) .....& I do like the exhaust note of a big twin :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard that the 900's gearbox is better than the 850's. The 850 isn't that good at holding off corrosion and they can look tatty (particularly the exhausts) very quickly if not cleaned regularly and thoroughly. Also I think that the headlights are not the best. In all other respects they seem to be an excellent bike. I rode one (a 900) for about 20miles and it was pretty good, though not the quickest handling bike in the world.

I would have thought that the Fazer 1000 is a better overall package.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online