can i make a xvs 125 louder? slip on's???

lucky13
This post is 5361 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys,

i got a xvs 125 but i want to make it louder, now i took it to my local garage and they said slip on's are a not gonna work cud the pipes are 1 piece (even though i know someone with a dragstar who said his back pipe has a slip on) can anyone confirm this? only other options are removing baffles, drilling holes into the exhaust or removing the silencer (if possible) any idea which way to go? or any other ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Small capacity bikes aren't good on open pipes, you have to rev them to hold respectable speed and there's nothing like a small noisy bike to get you nicked. Also expect some messing about with the carburation to get it running properly again. Just rememeber if that's the stock exhaust it will be VERY expensive to replace if the engine doesn't run well after you cut bits off it.

The best option would be to buy a cheap secondhand system to play about with.

I'm not against loud pipes, my XS has very little in the way of baffling. But the difference is it will waft along at 60-70 with very little throttle and hence very little noise- good when the cops are about (wind it open and its a whole different story though). You won't be able to do the same on a 125, you'll need a fair amount throttle (and therefore noise) so you might as well fix a 'nick me' sign on your lid!

dont do any of that any louder and you will be no1 most annoying person in your area and will get showered on by bullets lol

get a bigger bike that will sounder deeper and not louder like a bee on speed stuck in a can lol

A 125 Drag just sounds like a very manly insect.

A modded 125 Drag just sounds like a manly insect shouting.

Bigger bikes are the answer!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online