bike resrictions

Chelvin
This post is 7216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i've just turned 21. so now i can ride around with my bike on full power. Im not your normal 21 year old who all seem to just want to get from a to b at 140 mph. i did have a thundercat but as some of you might know i had a really bad smash meaning i haven't got anything on the road. but i just wondered what other people thought of this restriction rule. it seems that it's always one rule for bikes and another rule for cars.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The restricted license for Motorcycles is sometimes viewed by people as archaic or "big brother" telling us what to do, but it has proven to be a good idea - the accident rate for young riders has fallen dramatically.

Lets face it, how much road sense or common sense did WE have at 16/17! :twisted:

There has been talk for ages about introducing some-sort of restriction for cars, and personally that day can't come soon enough. How ridiculous is it that a 17 year old can pass their driving test in a one-litre micra, then jump straight behind the wheel and drive a porche, ferrari etc!

It could be argued that the cost of insurance would stop them, but many aren't insured at all, and it pushes premiums up for all of us.

Make them all do a CBT - it's amazing how much more aware they would become!!

totally agree with bazz

i was a convo with a mate(a car driver) other day about my other mate had just got his DR4 cause he had passed (restricted and everything)

and he was saying how its stupid that my mate with the DR can have such power....

that set me off on one...

the DR cant even break a ton and this monkey with a car can go 120 :evil:

stoopid car drivers dont know how good they got it

the DR cant even break a ton and this monkey with a car can go 120  :evil:  

stoopid car drivers dont know how good they got it

That's because most Tin-Box Jockies don't have a clue what it's like to deal with traffic on 2-wheels :roll:

• Admin

Yeah, i honestly think that car drivers should be made to do an AWARENESS course or somethign along them lines to understand about bike riders, and why we dont just sit in the middle of the lane the whole time. Would make them think that we are not trying to blind them and make them keep pressing the brake and all sorts of fecking stupid things they do :evil: