yamaha xt125 2009 help needed urgently

jonr140
This post is 5264 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there all i have a serious problem i went outside this morning and somebody has attempted to steal my bike i found it laying on the floor 100 meteres down the road with the little silver bit off the ignition where you put the key in missing and now my key wont even fit into start it

when i turn the bike also it stops when i turn it to the left i think the steering lock is broken can anybody please tell me if

they have an ignition bit for the bike or a steering lock ive been told 2007 and 2008 models fit but i cant find any anywhere

also does anybody no if other ignitions fit my bike

any help would be much apprecciated

john

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Been there my friend you have my sympathies, the little silver bit is just part of the ig and i would expect that to be had it now. You may be able to change the lock barrel but if it wont accept the key its difficult.

As to the sterring, i take it you cant turn the bars to the left? The st lock is not really very strong and has more than likely been damaged.

It sounds like a couple of oiks having an oppotunistic swipe at the bike. I would get yourself a big lock as they will in all likelyhood come back once its fixed.

You need to have the lock etc to bits and work from there, is the steering lock on the headstock or part of the switch.

Been there my friend you have my sympathies, the little silver bit is just part of the ig and i would expect that to be had it now. You may be able to change the lock barrel but if it wont accept the key its difficult.

As to the sterring, i take it you cant turn the bars to the left? The st lock is not really very strong and has more than likely been damaged.

It sounds like a couple of oiks having an oppotunistic swipe at the bike. I would get yourself a big lock as they will in all likelyhood come back once its fixed.

You need to have the lock etc to bits and work from there, is the steering lock on the headstock or part of the switch.

thankyou for your reply the steering lock is on the ignition what would i have to change or would i have to remove it so the bars can turn freely

john

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online