Yamaha YBR - what are the best tyres for this bike?

.:Robin:.
This post is 5216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I currently own a Yamaha YBR 125, and am looking to put a new set of tyres on it. Due to all the snow here, whats the best kind of winter tyre I can use on such a small bike? Similarly, any advice on summer-friendly tyres? Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hiya,

After a lot of forum trawling for the best tyres last year I replaced the standard tyres on my ybr with Michelin Pilot Sporty's, and it has made a huge difference in slippery conditions. It cost me just over 70 quid for a pair, balanced and fitted.

I was riding right up until the first day it snowed in December without any problems. The first day it snowed the ybr was parked up and has remained so since.

Even with better tyres there is no way i'm risking my neck with so much ice on the road. As soon as the ice clears I'll be back out on it daily but it's the car or walking to work until then.

i have michelin pilot on my aerox and they stick well to the road wet or dry cant go wrong with them :)

Hiya,

After a lot of forum trawling for the best tyres last year I replaced the standard tyres on my ybr with Michelin Pilot Sporty's, and it has made a huge difference in slippery conditions. It cost me just over 70 quid for a pair, balanced and fitted.

Thankyou so much Mark thats just what I needed to hear! I have been on and off the bike through this weather, when the roads have been just wet (not icy). I now hate snow as I only have my bike or public transport as options when its this bad weather. I will certainly look into getting some of those, and where I can get them fitted, as the price seems reasonable. Nice to meet another YBR rider! :thumb::luck: in this weather!

Robin

i have michelin pilot on my aerox and they stick well to the road wet or dry cant go wrong with them :)

Thanks for the valued input - good to know these tyres will work better than my originals in the wet! :)

Robin

Had my Ybr 3 months from new, wish I hadn't pushed it in the cold! One idiot signalling incorrectly at a rounabout, a quick jump on the brakes and I'm sliding down the road! £60 and abit of Haynes manual work later, shes ready to get back on the road..... feel your pain about not riding, but not going to rush it, just imagine the grinding noise your beloved bike would make sliding down the road and you'll think twice - I can still hear mine reverberating around my head! Cant help but think that the cold stock tyres didn't help, its felt overly loose and slippy, so going to fit some pilots asap!

Had my Ybr 3 months from new, feel your pain about not riding, but not going to rush it, just imagine the grinding noise your beloved bike would make sliding down the road and you'll think twice - the cold stock tyres didn't help

Hey mate, I came off my bike on a corner last summer - was v wet and I hadnt compensated for there being mud on a blind bend - silly me. I understand that ice is another matter, but make sure you're back on that bike soon as the best therapy is just riding it out. I couldnt lean on a right hand bend for about 3months cos my stomach just went!! I too reckon my accident was down to my inadequate cold tyres. The grip does not span far enough its just grip grip NO GRIP which makes sliding very easy. I was lucky with my bike - only needed to buy some paint renovator and a brake level (which took the most of the brunt). I scuffed up my exhaust plate (the shiny bit) and if want to replace it its 60 quid! Im fine the scratches! Might get one second hand if i can find one before I sell it when i (hopefully please please) pass my big bike test :) Question to all: dream bike anyone? Im pining after a bandit 600 in red for when i pass my test. put a stubby on!! :D