1969 dt1-b

nets
This post is 5215 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wow ohmy.gif A gel with a DT ,, superb, Did u do the resto ursel ? its brillianto .

Yeah we did the work ourselves (mostly me) the chroming and powder coating were done elsewhere as was the overhaul of the crank, it took 5 1/2 months from start to finish, you need plenty of patience, warm clothes(it was winter) and a very deep pocket B)

• 3 weeks later...

Now then did anyone notice the swinging arm is mad of rectangular box sectionblink.gif Standard too , that was inovative back then in 1968 , wonder why yamaha dropped it to tubular, then in 1977 box swingers came back with the mono-shock models , Yz moto-xrs had em earlyier unsure.gif answer any-body .......?

Now then did anyone notice the swinging arm is mad of rectangular box sectionblink.gif Standard too , that was inovative back then in 1968 , wonder why yamaha dropped it to tubular, then in 1977 box swingers came back with the mono-shock models , Yz moto-xrs had em earlyier unsure.gif answer any-body .......?

I'd go with cost. Its easier to make something from round section than square. Once the brit stuff was beat it didn't matter so much, then as bikes got faster the racers needed it. The DT175 got the square swinger cos the enduro lads were braking the round ones.

So it came to be fitted to the road stuff because the customers wanted it.

Same as now i suppose.

BTW nets sweet ride. Well done.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online