aerox100 flooded

kishan
This post is 5366 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys my bike is always flooded when i try starting it the carb seems to be blooded no matter how much manual chock i use it does help the engine to start up what could be causing this?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

haha im sorry was late as i had got back from night shift

my bike seems to be blooded when i try starting it no matter how much manual chock i use it doesnt help and the bike remains flooded what could be causing my carb to be flood?is it the carb or could it be worn spark plug?

haha im sorry was late as i had got back from night shift

my bike seems to be blooded when i try starting it no matter how much manual chock i use it doesnt help and the bike remains flooded what could be causing my carb to be flood?is it the carb or could it be worn spark plug?

is the bike rideable...why do you think the carb is flooded...(what symptoms)?

well the engine ticks over but doestn wanan start up it takes ages for the engine to come on as its always flooded no matter how much choke i use when trying to start it it wont stop bein flooded so im guessing the carb is flooded. or the chock cable is to stretched and might need changing so its not closing the valve because its stretched?

well the engine ticks over but doestn wanan start up

Well thats not right because its already started up when it "ticks over"

it takes ages for the engine to come on as its always flooded no matter how much choke i use when trying to start it it wont stop bein flooded so im guessing the carb is flooded. or the chock cable is to stretched and might need changing so its not closing the valve because its stretched?

You only need the choke to start the bike, gradually take it off as soon as possible after the engine is running, using the choke too much or for too long will give the symptoms you describe. Give it a good run get it warmed up with NO choke and it should be OK

ok thanks mate will try that hmm plus was very cold last night too so that might be behind it aswell haha as you can tell im not very good in the mechanical side of bikes.

• 2 weeks later...

i tihnk what he means is that it will crank over on the starter but not run under its own power, if it wont start pull the choke out until it will, but i never need to use the choke on my DT even on days like today :/ (but mines running rich anyway)

i tihnk what he means is that it will crank over on the starter but not run under its own power, if it wont start pull the choke out until it will, but i never need to use the choke on my DT even on days like today :/ (but mines running rich anyway)

thanks thats what i meant :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online