xT125 first bike.. help me lol

MalcolmX
This post is 5110 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone help me out? I've just gt my hands on my absolute pride an joy lol xt125, first bike.

But does anyone have any tips on how to get the most out of it?? Riding tips? Exhaust kits? DIY mods??

Plz let me know.

Thanxing you very much long time

=]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Advise.... Some 4 wheeler will look right at you but pull out in front of you anyway... On two wheels you have wrapped an invisibility cloak about yourself and, be ready, someone will put a ton of steel in your path...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been having quite a few probs with my bike recently. I really dont know whats up.

I just cleaned out the carb and jets, but now when i start it up it will idle for a bit then when i try and use the clutch it will try to rev more power but just chudder if u get what i mean and then cut out.

Does it do this if my engine doesnt have enough oil??? Because i know this is something i need to do today, but whether this is the sole reason for it not working properly. i do not know

PLEASE HELP ME!! I GET PAYED FROM WORK IN 3 WEEKS AND HAVE NO WAY OF SERVICING BIKE! =[

I've been having quite a few probs with my bike recently. I really dont know whats up.

I just cleaned out the carb and jets, but now when i start it up it will idle for a bit then when i try and use the clutch it will try to rev more power but just chudder if u get what i mean and then cut out.

Does it do this if my engine doesnt have enough oil??? Because i know this is something i need to do today, but whether this is the sole reason for it not working properly. i do not know

PLEASE HELP ME!! I GET PAYED FROM WORK IN 3 WEEKS AND HAVE NO WAY OF SERVICING BIKE! =[

Did the bike ever run properly before you done anything to it r did you get it with these probs?

If you start it, will it stay idleing on its own for a while? Can you rev it up while in neutral?

Does it start easy?

Tell us what is happening from the time you start it till the time it cuts out !!!

Sounds like you may have created an "issue" with your Pilot Jet Malcolm..... :unsure:

It'll idle fine until you apply a bit more throttle & it feels like the shuddering you speak of which also equates to a bit of fuel starvation.

FYI....If your oil level is low....you'll know it by the amount of excess noise coming from the head @ idle. ;)

then when i try and use the clutch it will try to rev more power but just chudder if u get what i mean and then cut out.

Sounds like you dont know your clutch from your throttle, if thats the case what were you doing stripping the carb down.

Dont you mean

then when i try and use the clutch throttle it will try to rev more power but just chudder if u get what i mean and then cut out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you dont know your clutch from your throttle, if thats the case what were you doing stripping the carb down.

Dont you mean

then when i try and use the clutch throttle it will try to rev more power but just chudder if u get what i mean and then cut out.

Thanks for stating the obvious old git, was a typo. Have sorted this prob out, there was something that got wedged in my air filter. All good now.

But can anyone let me know where i can get my hands on a performance CDI for the bike. I have been looking everywhere, but to no avail.

I have the same engine as a TTR 125 but don't think this will make any difference. It has a 6 pin small head adapter, roughly an inch wide.

Anybody who has any info please let me know, will be forever grateful.

Am getting my flywheel sent off next week to get lightened. Hopefully will be on the back wheel no problem after that!!

Happy riding guys!

Even though my nuts are like raisins!

Updating again. I've been looking round and managed to get myself a part exchange with a 54 plate DT x. It looks beautiful and already has a DEP exhaust fitted.

I didnt actually realise how small the Xt was until riding it fo about a week or 2. Being a 6'2ft, 14 and half stone guy, this really is'nt the best bike. Would recommend anyone of my height and weight to avoid Xts.

Also, my Xt will not hit over 57 on a flat.

I WANT MY DT :(

At the risk of stating the obvious again..Good move :P

haha its such a beauty, i think im in love :rolleyes:

Costing me a bit of bloody bob though.

The price is £1695 with 6500 miles.

Is this good or should i look for a bargain??

Its in a really nice condition, and im hopefully getting £1000 for the XT (i hope)

I really should of made my mind up b4 buying that darn XT

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sounds fair enough to me, DEP exhausts are not cheap and very low mileage too. Tip...Dep exhausts look good when new but not so good when rusty...if it still looks good then keep it that way with very regular cleaning especially at the header end.

Remind me never to play poker with you OG. B)

• 2 weeks later...

i did'nt go through with the exchange after all. im keeping hold of my Xt for a while me thinks. Looking for an Mx or DT again.

If any of you guys see or hear about them, please let me know.

Im preferably looking for a low mileage insurance write off to work on over the coming summer months =]

thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi, bought an xt about a week and a hlaf ago been fine, up until yesterday.

went out saturday night was running fine, came to it sunday morning and had a wee problem.

The bike starts and idles fine, however upon any application of the throttle the engine cuts out.

the other strange thing is that when i pull the choke to the fully in position, the bike can be revved, but only only a half turn until it cuts out again.

any ideas as to what it could be??

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online