XT 500

XTOwner
This post is 5386 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just started messing with a 77 XT 500. It kick starts and runs well although it seems to be running a bit rich so I will check out the carburetor. I've purchased new tubes and tires, will soon check the brake shoes and drums and may have found an OEM shop manual. In addition to my helmet, boots, gloves and other standard safety equipment, I plan to use a GPS and topographic maps to ride the XT on local rural roads near a river. Any tips mechanical or otherwise to help get me started would be greatly appreciated?

Many thanks,

XTOwner

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my first love back in 1979 but it was never to be :( I was only 13 and by the time I was old enough and had enough money they were mostly all gone :crying: but i did get myself a xtz750 and liked it so much i now have 3 :icon_biggrin:

my first love back in 1979 but it was never to be sad.gif mostly all gone

Welcome minted [ to much money u meanrolleyes.gif ?] Great bikes them XTs ,u can still get them now in classic mags, Oh and thers the V.J.M.C. section in ur area[ they meet for ridouts in summer,dunfermilne,] Av been with them twice, good bunch,

Back to the post , XTowner" what was the significance of "next to river " in ur post ? unsure.gif and welcome any way .