1992 yamaha dt125r

Dillgafdude
This post is 5362 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi people i have a 1992 yamaha dt125r with a problem it started with the radiator hose going a couple of times then when i was riding it and all of a sudden there was a pop from the engine and it would not accelerate and it has now started accelerating again on inspection i have found oil in the radator can anyone tell me why this maybe?

many thanks

Grant(Dilligafdude)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi people i have a 1992 yamaha dt125r with a problem it started with the radiator hose going a couple of times then when i was riding it and all of a sudden there was a pop from the engine and it would not accelerate and it has now started accelerating again on inspection i have found oil in the radator can anyone tell me why this maybe?

many thanks

Grant(Dilligafdude)

Check your gearbox oil, this doesent sound like the pump seal. The cooling system pressure will dump the coolant into the gearbox. But not the other way round. Are you sure its oil and not just scale that gives the appearance of oil in the neck.

There is more to this, i think you have caught the problem early before any REAL symptoms have shown up, does the bike run hot, no funny rattles, milage. Does it start easy.

If there is oil in the rad, (doubtfull as it would become what locally to me was called monkey spunk. A delightfull mix of oil and water that only parafin, patience and spanner time would fix.) then you could be looking at a head gasket. Thing is that wouldn't 'PoP'.

Interesting............

• 3 weeks later...

Check your gearbox oil, this doesent sound like the pump seal. The cooling system pressure will dump the coolant into the gearbox. But not the other way round. Are you sure its oil and not just scale that gives the appearance of oil in the neck.

There is more to this, i think you have caught the problem early before any REAL symptoms have shown up, does the bike run hot, no funny rattles, milage. Does it start easy.

If there is oil in the rad, (doubtfull as it would become what locally to me was called monkey spunk. A delightfull mix of oil and water that only parafin, patience and spanner time would fix.) then you could be looking at a head gasket. Thing is that wouldn't 'PoP'.

Interesting............

hi it was the headgasket has gone thanks 4 all ur help

Grant

(Dilligafdude)

hi it was the headgasket has gone thanks 4 all ur help

Grant

(Dilligafdude)

Cheers for the feedback, glad its all sorted out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online