dt 125 r 01

d4ng3rous-d4v3
This post is 5211 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

right me chippers, this is anuva 1 of them topics about the top speed of a yamaha dt 125. ive seen it evrywhere about them doin atleast 80mph. i have one myself where as it has absolutely great power in gear 1, gear 2, gear 3 and gear 4, no problems at all, it will reach about 65-70mph ragging the tits outta it. and as i go to gear up into 5th, it seems to start to slow down.

anyone have any ideas why this is?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

anyone lol?

Have you checked out the pinned post in the workshop section. There are so many DT questions along these lines that Ryan09 one of the resident DT guru's has laid out a starter list for how to get your DT at its best, with a bit of extra pip if you want it.

There are basic tips and a few websites to troll through that should sort you out. If not just shout, although some specifics like age, mileage, model and a good explanation of the problem would be good.

Oh and while i'm on, you will be vulnerable to the goodnatured, and incisive pi55 taking that is rife on here. Welcome.

• 2 months later...

sound, cheers bud, soz bout long reply, aint been on in ages, and this doesnt seem to give me mail about nothing. hmm but thanks......

Guest MaD.VeZ

Pi55 takin... nah... But you could try 6th gear :blink:

Its probably the reed switch behind the speedo, or a could be a few other things, like not getting enough fuel/air or cant get the exhaust gases out fast enough.  Have a read at the sticky and get back to us.

Vez 

Pi55 takin... nah... But you could try 6th gear :blink:

Vez 

:D:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online