what piston

dekweld
This post is 5384 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone i,v just got a dt 230 lanza with a sloppy bore. the piston measures up to the standard piston size of 66.752 and the average bore size is 66.815. does anybody know the size that the coulor coded pistons go up in. according to the service manual piston to bore clearence should not be much over 0.1 and is it best to get the bigger size and hone the bore to suit? any help would be great thanks. deka

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi everyone i,v just got a dt 230 lanza with a sloppy bore. the piston measures up to the standard piston size of 66.752 and the average bore size is 66.815. does anybody know the size that the coulor coded pistons go up in. according to the service manual piston to bore clearence should not be much over 0.1 and is it best to get the bigger size and hone the bore to suit? any help would be great thanks. deka

Welcome

I'm not sure what you are asking here, the std bore of the lanza (DT230) is 66.8mm (+/- o.05) and as such the piston will be very slightly less than that 66.7 (+/- 0.05) or so. Which is exactly what you have.

It sounds to me that the bore is fine and unless you have some bad scoring or blow by which can be fixed with a set of rings,i can see no reason for not sticking it all back together.

I second that Cynic.

If this was a bran-new engine, the piston to bore difference would be 0.05mm

His difference now is only 0.063mm

The rings make up the rest so if this was my engine I would slap it all back to-geather

O and Welcome dekweld

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online