Speed de restrictor

FZRJB
This post is 5383 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there

I've just brought myself an fzr 400 1wg but I believe its restricted.

was wondering if anyone knew how to bypass the restrictor or where I could get a replacment CDI or de restrictor unit?

Started stripping the bike down so anytime soon ill post sum pics of how its going

going to re-start racing next year :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there

I've just brought myself an fzr 400 1wg but I believe its restricted.

was wondering if anyone knew how to bypass the restrictor or where I could get a replacment CDI or de restrictor unit?

Started stripping the bike down so anytime soon ill post sum pics of how its going

going to re-start racing next year :)

If its a jap 400 then 112 mph is all you will get, chap next door had one breifly and he fitted a gold kph-mph converter. If you just take the clocks off the bike will restrict its self to 12500rpm in every gear so the clocks have to stay.

I think there is a M-box if memory serves me right that fixes it in the loom somewhere or change the cdi for a uk/european one.

Of course if its a uk bike then you just gotta learn to ride it, they need 120% commitment everywhere or they are a pain in the arse.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online