thinking of a new bike already :/

This post is 7362 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i dont think the sports bikes for me, ok it looks sweet sounds sweet but my body doesnt like it for shit. its just brought back me ozgudlasters desise in my knee (hell to words i cant even remotely spell but take a guess at them anyways :) ) and i had a back back before i got the bike and its getting no better, also feels like i have a trapped nerve or something all the way down the left side of me leg :/ so i was thinking you guys were speaking pritty highly of the duel sports/tourer type bikes what are they like for insurance? also price of them? also can you recommend any other (still fast (i need to try and keep within seeing distance of a cbr600rr :/ ) bikes?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i dont think the sports bikes for me, ok it looks sweet sounds sweet but my body doesnt like it for shit. its just brought back me ozgudlasters desise in my knee (hell to words i cant even remotely spell but take a guess at them anyways :) ) and i had a back back before i got the bike and its getting no better, also feels like i have a trapped nerve or something all the way down the left side of me leg :/ so i was thinking you guys were speaking pritty highly of the duel sports/tourer type bikes what are they like for insurance? also price of them? also can you recommend any other  (still fast (i need to try and keep within seeing distance of a cbr600rr :/ ) bikes?

The XT660 looks pretty good, and I'm sure XTreme would probably recommend the same.

You could go for a DT125 though, they're cheap to insure, go reasonably, and have fairly good reliabilitity

XT600 for you mate!  

You can get them restricted no probs.

F*ck restrictions, they only get taken out before they should do anyway. Legally, I should have a 35mph restrictor but because it meant I had no power going up hills my dealer took it out.

man i hate to say it especially Xtreme will shoot me or something... but i was just out riding with a DR400 on my DT and good god those things are nice-

the DR was supermoto'd and i would have thought a bike like that would suit you down to nuts mate - sports bikes suck for comfort...dunno about you but the DT and those type of trailie road bikes are the muts for comfortable position on the bike...bit harsh on the nuts though....

i might just get an XR400 supermoto cause the WR (as nice as they are) put a f**king dent in your wallet and im a bloody student and not a very rich one at that

insurance for a DR or an XR is bout 800 fire and theft

the DT and those type of trailie road bikes are the muts for comfortable position on the bike...bit harsh on the nuts though....

Yeah but when those vibrations get going :shock: :lol:

The XT660 is all day comfy, position and seat are excellent. I'm off on a 1000 mile trip next week - if I'm still able to walk when I get back this will be proof.

Stand by for an updated road test.

i have no doubt about the XT seat it looks very "suit you sir" sorta thing

but a trip 30 mile trip to box hill will leave my nads in such a state that will mean a lack of action for the next couple of days...

DT seat-not too comfy... but other wise those type of bikes rock

Where you going Alan?

A couple of friends and I are going to the far north west of Scotland, camping. An odd assortment of bikes - mine, a CBR600, a Dullvile and an Africa Twin. We are meeting on the M6 from various starting points.

1) It is going to rain.

2) I'm too old for this.

3) Its a long way to go for a bacon butty.

4) I have a new tent.

5) After Preston and apart from around Gretna this is the best trip the UK has to offer. The north west of Scotland is the most beautiful place in Britain.

6) It IS going to rain, It IS GOING to rain, It IS going to RAIN, IT IS going to rain..........................

It IS going to rain, It IS GOING to rain, It IS going to RAIN, IT IS going to rain..........................

Yeah, but you've got Thee bike for that sort of weather :wink:

well you are correct alan, it IS going to rain, infact it's p'ing down here in sw scotland right now. lets hope it clears up a bit, me and my father have a ride out on the bikes planned for today, he says it takes about 5-6 hours in total so should be fun. think we'll wait till 12 and then go......might clear up :wink:

Sounds a great trip Alan.

Is it going to be a traditional plastic bag job this time?  :lol:

No. I've gone all sophisticated. I've got a new Coleman Tent :P

Yes. This is like an anniversary trip. We did this journey from London about 15 years ago and spent a fantastic few days camping in Scourie. Funny thing: up there you see very few English people camping. It is mainly Scottish and Northern Europeans. German, Dutch and Danish Bikers are a different breed entirely, they are real tourers and they use proper bikes: TDMs, Africa Twins, Transalps, XTs, Beemers etc.

PS Transalps have had good write ups in TWO and MV this month. No mention of gearbox woes. Very suspicious of this, I am, as the CB1300 tests make no mention of the rear suspension probs that several people have had. When the Bandit 12 had oil consumption issues the biking press went to town, everyone knows about the new R1s clutch - CB1300 suspension problem - silence.

My question: Is everyone afraid of Honda? My theory is that dealers are running scared for fear of losing franchises. In my opinion they and not Suzuki are the REAL BAD WOLVES of the corporate biking world.

Yuppie! :lol:

You done an oilchange before the trip?...I did another one yesterday.

So it's had a new oil and filter at 600, 1600, 2700, and 3800.

The next one will be at 4900, then the dealer service at 6000...but I'll do oil and filter myself though.

Get some good photos Alan and let's have a review on how the XT coped better than the other bikes.

I know the Africa Twin is a good tourer....but it's also a big heavy bastard.

I imagine it could get quite tiring using that.

I did a 200 mile trip on the Divvy 9 and my shoulders and arms were aching for days due to the weight of it. 200 miles on the XT yesterday with no problems, though having no fairing means you end up looking like somebody's puked over the front of your jacket.

Although having no fairing means you end up looking like somebody's puked over the front of your jacket.

My jacket has looked like that for 20 years :shock: .....

Of course, I'm the In Yer Face, Battle the Elements type of rider :wink:

Fairings are for Wimps! :twisted: :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online