VIN number 2001 WR426.

jennings
This post is 5208 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, as part of my job I export UK bikes to Sweden but with this WR426 I have the VIN number :

CJ02W-0002289 and not a conventional 17 digit vin number starting with a J.

Obviously this is giving me a problem when trying to re-register it, what I need to know is, does anyone else have a WR426 with the same VIN layout and is it normal ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello everyone, as part of my job I export UK bikes to Sweden but with this WR426 I have the VIN number :

CJ02W-0002289 and not a conventional 17 digit vin number starting with a J.

Obviously this is giving me a problem when trying to re-register it, what I need to know is, does anyone else have a WR426 with the same VIN layout and is it normal ?

The VIN is the right VIN number it comes back ass a 2001 WR426F throu yamaha system. some older WR and MX bikes had those VIN Number's

Dear Jennings,

12 digits is the right format for this year mchine. Yamaha 'competition' machines at this date only had a 12 digit VIN unlike the road going machines. Later on Yamaha decided to abandon this separate VIN category and give everything 17 digits irrespective of intended purpose for simplicity's sake.

Contacting YMUK should give you greater clarification on exact dates. If no joy there Yamaha Motor Europe, in Schipol Rijk, Holland, will definitely know.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas