Fork Badge/Trim ... will it fit ...

armyofda12mnkeys
This post is 5388 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Will the Fork Badge/Trim off a 1981 XS400 SPECIAL fit an 1978 XS400E?

aka http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XS400-FORK-BADGE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea8656f17QQitemZ200393715479QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I need one and thats only one i can find in good condition. Thanks!

Also all the screws used all over my bike, i saw an ebay listing covering some of them... Are they easily found on hardware sites? they kinda old and nasty lookin'

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think the ebay scews will be for crancases.

if you want to replace all the set screws on the bike. i used a2a4.co.uk fixings, custom-fasteners.co.uk, INOX (expensive but spot on) and boltmeup.com

you'll have to get a caliper to measure each bolt, but you soon get to recognise the sizes and threads by eye

drewps

I have one that I was about to throw away. It is stashed somewhere in the back since my bike is going to be a cafe racer. If you interested we can work a deal out.

I might be interested... Can you send a pic ([email protected] if dont wanna post it here)? Curious on condition (if any rust etc).

Yeh, I'm converting my XS400 to a cafe as well... Doesnt that serve some functional purpose or the fork thing that wraps around the fork tubes with the Yamaha logo can be removed completely (sorry for describing that part so lond winded, just not sure if it should jsut be called a 'badge' since the Yamaha emblem seems like its the 'badge' and the whole part may be called something else)?

I got conflicting info from 2 guys I thought were hardcore motorcycle guys on if it serves some functional purpose on the fork lol.

Thanks for those links drewp! ill check it out

I don't believe it serves any function other than look pretty, most of the cafe racers I see do not have it and its too flimsy to serve as a brace, its almost plastic like. I will give u pics of it within a few days, I have been busy working on the forks.

I don't believe it serves any function other than look pretty, most of the cafe racers I see do not have it and its too flimsy to serve as a brace, its almost plastic like. I will give u pics of it within a few days, I have been busy working on the forks.

Mine on the 82 Maxie was where the horn was mounted...Rick

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online