hot starting

liquidcooled
This post is 7319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the xj600(pre divvie model) i have is a bit of a pain in the rs to start when hot eg. riding round town in traffic. when cold it starts up in an instant but then once warm you have to turn it over a good bit till it fires, any ideas would be appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:lol: 8) :roll: i try not to mate, has to be done sometimes though, just wondering if there's a fixable reason behind this :?

yeah pete, fully cleaned, rebuilt, balanced. it seems to be running rich still though :? it's all at factory settings. wonder if the exhaust has got choked up with it sitting for ages before i got it, 15k miles in 15 years aint alot :shock:

yeah see i had thought about getting new stainless pipes for it, but tbh i'm planning on trading it in within the next 6 months so not really worth it :?

Alan......My XJ's have always done that too :? .......not sure why really aa_3.gif

TBH....'bout the only time I don't like to ride is when it's bloody Hot.......like it has been here the past few days.......39+c :shock: