xs400 wiring rats nest

hebrew hammer
This post is 5312 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I hope someone can help me with this wiring nightmare. When I was removing the front end off of the bike I marked and labeled everything with numbers on bright green tape as you can see in the pictures. I ended up missing one since it was getting dark (few days before not in the pic) and when I try to figure out what goes where I cannot find the missing link. It is a black wiring that is coming from the left side and I believe it is for the blinkers/headlight. I have dotted it yellow, so where does this go? How can I organize this mess? xs400wiring.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i know this may sound silly after YPVS Tone told us that black is for earth on Yams... but have you tested it with a volt-meter to ensure it is an earth???

i never trust old bikes because you cant tell what others have done with them before you got it!!!

when i took the wiring out of the headlight shell, i could`nt get the damm stuff back in without breaking something!!!!!

I ended up making the holes in the shell slightly bigger to give me a bit more room.