DT125 kick start

dickandjill
This post is 5394 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Whats involved in fitting a kick start on my 2004 DT125RE ?

Theres a plugged hole in the casing thats says "kick start" so I presume its possible to fit one?

Would this be what I need? Would I need anything else other than the kick start itself?(oil seal,bearing,etc?)

dt125kickstart.jpg

Thanks

Richard

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Whats involved in fitting a kick start on my 2004 DT125RE ?

Theres a plugged hole in the casing thats says "kick start" so I presume its possible to fit one?

Would this be what I need? Would I need anything else other than the kick start itself?(oil seal,bearing,etc?)

dt125kickstart.jpg

Thanks

Richard

Not sure tbh, you need to have the clutch cover off and see if the idler is there which i doubt. When they removed the redundant idler they may have shortend the output shaft that it runs on, and the main crank case may or may not have the machining to accept it. It could just be a raw hole.

You would also need the kicker its self and the oil seal for the case.

That said the engine in a distant cousin kind of way is along the lines of the YZ and yam are not going to make a crosser electric start :lol: . So, in theory it could be made to work. Depends what yamaha left behind when they took it out.

As a firm fan if the kickstart i can understand the desire to fit one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online