Yamaha Cruisers - Harley style

moe v star
This post is 7355 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

how well does the cruiser market do in Europe and other parts of the world ? Im curious cuz i have visited a lot of places and it seems that the cruiser market is geared toward Harley-lovers ONLY

I bought a Yamaha V Star cuz it looks like a Fat Boy and cost less than half the price of a new Harley; AND i didnt have to deal with long waiting periods !

so who owns one ??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I bought a Yamaha V Star cuz it looks like a Fat Boy and cost less than half the price of a new Harley; AND i didnt have to deal with long waiting periods !

.....& you can still leave one sitting @ a traffic light with it's rider all Slack-Jawed :wink: :D

If I was going to buy a Yamaha Cruiser, this would be the BadBoy that I'd buy 8) :wink: ......

05_RdstrWarrior.jpg

Although, I think the 1st thing I'd do to it, would be to lose that Bazooka-Sized exhaust can :roll:

• Admin

that really is a bit over the top :shock: Bloody US emissions :evil:

I was gonna put my two pence worth in here about the cruisers, but my councelling is going really well with yamahead and I now can no longer express opinions on harldy dangerous motorbikes :lol:

Thanx monty :D .....but don't you mean Hardley-Ableson :?: .....

.....as in Hardly Able to be a motorbike :lol:

that really is a bit over the top  :shock:  Bloody US emissions  :evil:

Don't get me going there Alex........I can't stand the EPA* :evil: ......those are the same bastards that charge us more money to test our vehicles, that already have the life choked outta them from the factory :roll: .......I'm the type that they'd really like to bust.......I De-Smog all my rides :twisted: & love operating 2-strokes whenever I get the chance 8) :wink:

*= Enviromental Protection Agency :roll:

Interesting notes regarding that RoadStar Warrior......

1) Only cruiser with a full Aluminum frame 8)

2) Last years NHRA Pro-Street Cruiser class Champion :tu

3) 1st Yamaha (I think) to have a Belt drive :?

4) R1 derived fork & front brakes 8)

Last year when the Hardley V-Rod came out, Cycle World did a full Cruiser shoot-out article with the V-Rod up against all 4 metric Cruisers......& for the 1st time in the history of that Mag......Hardley actually won in all aspects :shock: .....but the only bike that could come close & that actually handles Better than all the cruisers tested, was the.........RoadStar Warrior 8)

I've thrown a leg over one before in the showroom of a local dealer.......Gotta say: Damn Comfortable Bike! 8)

Yes you can get that cruiser here in England, there was one at the Calne Bike show the other week and Yes that rear pipe was a monster. We thought it was for warming pies and pasties on the move :razz

Everyone to his own but cruisers are just not my thing. Although a friend of mine who has a Harley just says I'm not old enough yet.

I am sure that the Jap versions are cheaper, more reliable and all the rest but I have yet to hear one that match's the engine thump of a Harley :sorry

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online