exhuast options for xs

hebrew hammer
This post is 5395 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So I am thinking of getting a RD exhaust and modding the flanges and junk to fit on the xs. Will this work? I am afraid of clearance issues since the expansion chamber look huge.

no it won't. you need exhaust gases out on a 4 stroke not the other way round.

hmm I am a bit confused, would you care to educate me drewps? isn't the rd a 2 stroke?

yep and you have an xs400 listed as owned. which is a 4 stroke!!!

holy crap I was thinking about another bike when I was making this thread. Sorry for the ignorance but I was thinking about this xs400 that someone heavily modded that had a V twin. But anyways about MY 4 stroke xs, it wouldn't be as troublesome to fab a 4 stroke exhuast than a 2 am I correct? what would happen if I put an expansion chamber on there? would it mess everything up?

holy crap I was thinking about another bike when I was making this thread. Sorry for the ignorance but I was thinking about this xs400 that someone heavily modded that had a V twin. But anyways about MY 4 stroke xs, it wouldn't be as troublesome to fab a 4 stroke exhuast than a 2 am I correct? what would happen if I put an expansion chamber on there? would it mess everything up?

yea a 2 stroke zorst will suck big time

if you want to make one try here

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online