YBR125 Help

JonnyB
This post is 5382 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay so im having a bit of trouble with my YBR,

Basically if the bike has above 1/2 tank the bike runs perfectly! However as soon as the bike gets to half tank and below it seems to just conk out, feels like fuel starvation. Now when the bike conks out and stalls if I take off the fuel cap and replace it the bike starts up again. So the problem seems related to the fuel tank pressurising or something? My thoughts were maybe a breather pipe or something (apparently YBRs breather is through the fuel cap) is blocked stopping air from getting into the tank therefore forming a vacuum stopping fuel getting into the carb. However once it's done it the first time you would have assumed that by removing the fuel cap i've released the pressure and it wont do it again, but instead it seems to continue stalling every 5-10 miles. As you can imagine it's a pain!

My garage suggested the fuel cap being faulty, they gave it a clean out today but it still stalled on my way home.

Before I start paying out of the teeth to try and solve this does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Any advise would be appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How do you turn the fuel switch? It has three positions:

^ (up) reserve

> (horizontal) closed

(down) normal use

Which one did you use?

Greetings, Martin