Rev counter not working

corby lad
This post is 5223 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dear Corby Lad,

Could just be that the tacho itself is dead - not very helpful, yes I know.

The 1990 XJ600 took its tacho electrical supply ("feed"), from either the orange or grey ignition coil primary wire circuit. A continuity check back from the wire on your tacho to the ignition circuit would be a simple enough first step.

Give it a whirl.

Hi i checked today the Grey feed from the ignition unit is ok there is no breakage in the wire and there is 12v suply to the tachometer

ok here is a question will the tachometer from the newer models fit inside the pre diversion model?

many thanks

Hi i checked today the Grey feed from the ignition unit is ok there is no breakage in the wire and there is 12v suply to the tachometer

ok here is a question will the tachometer from the newer models fit inside the pre diversion model?

many thanks

I doubt it! I have an XJ600 as well and they are very different. I've seen complete sets of instruments for £30 on ebay.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online