re-mapping yamaha

masta_k84
This post is 5399 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

i resently got a scorpion exaust for my yzf r125 and fitted it over the weekend with my mate iv had a couple of rides out on it and it sound awsome but when i have taken it down the eastlacs for a rip it is only hitting 9000rpm in 6th gear i think it possibly wants to be remapped and went to quill exaust and asked them and they said it can't be done to yamaha's at all which has to be a crock because when i got a quote off quill for an exaust they said they would do everything to it including dyno and remapp. then i rang wigan yamaha and they said they dont belive it is possible too. im not looking for loads more bhp i just want it to run right is there anything that can be done

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All

i resently got a scorpion exaust for my yzf r125 and fitted it over the weekend with my mate iv had a couple of rides out on it and it sound awsome but when i have taken it down the eastlacs for a rip it is only hitting 9000rpm in 6th gear i think it possibly wants to be remapped and went to quill exaust and asked them and they said it can't be done to yamaha's at all which has to be a crock because when i got a quote off quill for an exaust they said they would do everything to it including dyno and remapp. then i rang wigan yamaha and they said they dont belive it is possible too. im not looking for loads more bhp i just want it to run right is there anything that can be done

Thanks

Powercommander.

Then you'll need to have the bike setup on a dyno so that the correct fuel mapping can be sorted out, that is, if there isn't a PC map for the pipe you have already.

It's not cheap, a PC-V (or a III), if you can get one for your bike will set you back £300ish, and the dyno time will be another £200ish. You might get it cheaper, but with Dyno Opperators you get what you pay for (pay peanuts, get monkeys). I've not used them but Dynojet UK are in Preston, and they have a good reputation.

Is it really worth it for a 125 ? you are never going to release any significant power

You can buy customisable ECU's but you'll be looking at well over a grand, and you still need someone to configure it for you.

The chances are it's running lean (more air than fuel), you can 'fool' the bike in a simple way by replacing the air temp sensor with a variable resistor (and a bit of electronic trickery) and basically fooling the bike that it's colder than it is (then the ECU puts more fuel in). You need someone who understands electronic though, and can help build you a bike specific unit.

, and, unless you've told your insurance company about your new pipe, your cover will be void too, and yes Mr Plod can work this out as well, so even if you don't have a off, you could still loose your licience over it if you get pulled (6 points will automatically mean your licence is revoked by the DVLA). Make sure you tell them!

, and, unless you've told your insurance company about your new pipe, your cover will be void too, and yes Mr Plod can work this out as well, so even if you don't have a off, you could still loose your licience over it if you get pulled (6 points will automatically mean your licence is revoked by the DVLA). Make sure you tell them!

Its not very exciting but i have to agree with Gas, i have got rid of my much loved suzuki cos it was loud, not significantly unless you gave it some beans but you only need a nasty neighbour or a nobber on your run to work.

Think about this, "Every morning at about half seven this bloody bike goes howling past", one phone call and a community officer (plastic plods like the wombles on the motorway doing the drudgery so the proper plods can do paperwork) will be waiting to take your number. Its happend to me with the DT, someone complained but its pre81 so as long as the system is "In a sound mechanical condition" the plod (a proper one) could take a long run off a short pier.

if the pipe is street legal while it still void my insurance

Only if you haven't told them, You have to disclose any performance modifications, no matter how small the performance!

If it's still any interest, the best price for a Power Commander V that I have found is a company in Blackpool called Powertech -

I know of the owener and he comes with a good reputation, he also has access to a number of fuel maps, so there might be one that suits you, give them a ring.

Cheers i phoned a company in burnly called the rocket centre spoke to guy called john he said they would fit powercomander 5 dyno and set maps for £380

it will have to be after crimbo now tho lol nice one for the tip im gonna phone them and see what price they say cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online