HELP RXS100 wont rev past 4k!!!!

Philosafa
This post is 5399 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

its interesting though what you are saying here...ie it seems ok just after you start it...did i read that right...maybe a badly restricted fuel supply?

yea thats rite! first take off is fine, maybe because the bowl is full when its left to stand then it can only fill back up at a certain speed?

maybe we've got somthing here!?

its dark now, and no good lighting outside, and its bloody freezing so ill wd40 everything up 2mz morning and jam some copper wire and squirt some wd

down the hole/port we talked about aswel and write back after ive done that.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just another quick question, the hole/port that the fuel goes into 1st, does that come out the float jet thingy?

coz i found alot of grit in the float part the 1st time i cleaned it, could be another big bit i didnt get? what you just said would make definate sense?

also just ad a look at you DT. veeeryy nice! wicked condition for its age, i used to live not far from you, alveston derby. and my dad had a naked 1100 goldwing, he chopped it, bull horn handlebars, matalic blue all over, nothing but chrome pipes for the exhaust (you could hear him about 5 miles away!). i think that was what made me into a biker at heart we built it together, well i say together i was like 11/12 at the time so mostly him but you get the jist, he's go a hayaboosa now scary as hell!!! he grew up in peartree in derby! anyways im babaling on.

thanks for all your help m8!

To check for blockages between the fuel inlet spigot and float needle valve you will have to remove the carb again.

Take off the float bowl

Remove the float

carefull extract the float needle valve from its seat

now remove the seat itself and take care there is a small fiber washer under it...dont lose / break this

now you will have chance to inspect and clean the fuel inlet, have a poke around in there and if possible blow it clear with compressed air...the re assemble it all.

sorry to barge in on this but does the float valve needle move up and down , it may be stuck so not allowing the petrol to flow though

IMG_3099.jpg?o=1

you have not bent the tang on the float its self have you

sounds like it fuel starvation to me like oldgitonabike says

Sit on the bike with fuel tap on engine stopped...wait a while...start engine abd ride...goes ok for 200/300 yds then struggles? stop... engine off... wait a while repeat...the same?

yea thats rite! first take off is fine, maybe because the bowl is full when its left to stand then it can only fill back up at a certain speed?

maybe we've got somthing here!?

Just a thought here, it started after the refuel. The tank breather for these old RXS's is in the cap, what happens if you ride with it open. Don't go mad obviously. Just unlock it and leave it to rest over the hole.

Just another thaught b4 you take off carb again, some carbs (quad bikes, ect) have small filter pushed into the inlet fuel spigot, have a look on yours, its small and hard to see so look closely.

If none there try, open drain screw on float champer and let petrol flow out into jar watching it closley until you think float chamber is empty, if the petrol slows down after a bit there is still blokage in fuel tap filters BUT if when you open tank cap the petrol speeds up agan, the cap is at fault, like Cynic is saying. If the flow is constant all the time then your float chamber is filling correctly and the problem is with the carb, now start doing what Oldgitonabike was sayin.

hey guys!!!! fixed the problem by squirting wd down thefeul spigot and blowing as hard as i possibly could down there and it seemed to work!!!

but know i have a much, much, MUCH bigger problem.......... ive lost the drain screw, for them few secons that it was running it was amazing, all that carb and exhaust cleaning gave the bike new power and quicker responce, almost threw me off wheel spinning in second gear!!! but in my haste i forgot to screw in the drain properly and now its in the road somwhere!!!!

can you just plug it up like with blue tak or sumfin?

MAAANNN!!!!!!!! I dont know whether to be happy for you or sad for you.

i feel the same, im really exited that i got it fixed and better performance, but mega pissed i lost that f***ing screw!!! i wana go for a ride so bad!!!!

do you think petrol will react with the blue tak, or like filler or somthing that i could put in for now just to block it?

i feel the same, im really exited that i got it fixed and better performance, but mega pissed i lost that f***ing screw!!! i wana go for a ride so bad!!!!

do you think petrol will react with the blue tak, or like filler or somthing that i could put in for now just to block it?

whats your name?.Phil?

Well Louis im gutted for you but youre lucky you havent already set yourself on fire, there is absolutely NO way you can bodge it with your sister play dough like you suggested, youre gonna have to find it but i fear you wont do, its a little brass screw isnt it...not like mine with a fairly big hexagon head.

Well Louis im gutted for you but youre lucky you havent already set yourself on fire, there is absolutely NO way you can bodge it with your sister play dough like you suggested, youre gonna have to find it but i fear you wont do, its a little brass screw isnt it...not like mine with a fairly big hexagon head.

wel i havent found it, il have another look tomoro in the daylight, all i got is a wind up torch!!! its not been my week i tell ya! i talked to my next door neighbor and he found a screw that fits nicely, so i folded the drain tube up with a cable tie, and ive bin checking it frequently it seems to be holding, but it will never pass and MOT again with that! im gona have to buy another carb i think, which i realy didnt want to. im still paying threw the teeth for the moped i had (it was a cheap chinese import, need i say anymore?), and machanic bils and im ment to be saving to go to oz with my GF. luckily i just found som cheap carbs on ebay, £55, still a kick in the teeth though!

wel i havent found it, il have another look tomoro in the daylight, all i got is a wind up torch!!! its not been my week i tell ya! i talked to my next door neighbor and he found a screw that fits nicely, so i folded the drain tube up with a cable tie, and ive bin checking it frequently it seems to be holding, but it will never pass and MOT again with that! im gona have to buy another carb i think, which i realy didnt want to. im still paying threw the teeth for the moped i had (it was a cheap chinese import, need i say anymore?), and machanic bils and im ment to be saving to go to oz with my GF. luckily i just found som cheap carbs on ebay, £55, still a kick in the teeth though!

I dont understand any of that about the cable tie and pipe stuff! you saying its rideable now (SAFE)?, describe th screw accurately..ive got a spare carb from another bike at work and i'll have a look tommorow, dont rush into lashing out £50,

I dont understand any of that about the cable tie and pipe stuff! you saying its rideable now (SAFE)?, describe th screw accurately..ive got a spare carb from another bike at work and i'll have a look tommorow, dont rush into lashing out £50,

ridable? mabyeish, safe? defanatly not, but i gota get to work, so ill have to take it easy.

look at this

http://www.pjmotorsports.com/Jets%20Pics/tms_tmxearly_exploded.jpg

its like a smaller brass version of number 10

not a hex shape on the end, you use a philips to unscrew it

theres a possability i could het a carb from 125 4stroke crosser, what do you think?

ridable? mabyeish, safe? defanatly not, but i gota get to work, so ill have to take it easy.

look at this

http://www.pjmotorsports.com/Jets%20Pics/tms_tmxearly_exploded.jpg

its like a smaller brass version of number 10

not a hex shape on the end, you use a philips to unscrew it

theres a possability i could het a carb from 125 4stroke crosser, what do you think?

No chance...stick with the carb you have, dont force anything in that wont go easily, be patient, borrow a pushbike if necessary...above all be safe, dont take any risks where petrol is concerned, you have stated its not safe so dont ride it. I will have a look at that carb tomorrow, i'm fairly sure it has that kind of plug. PM me your mobile no

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online