DTR 125 Overheating

YamDan_64
This post is 5402 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI

problem is that when I am riding my Yamaha DT 125R, It over heats. When I take a look in the radiator, there is nothing in there because it as overflowed out of the radiator expansion pack on the back of the bike, i have also had the head and barrel skimmed twice as im sure it was warped and thought that was the problem but it still seems to overheat and spit water out Please can you tell me why this is happening and how to fix it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HI

problem is that when I am riding my Yamaha DT 125R, It over heats. When I take a look in the radiator, there is nothing in there because it as overflowed out of the radiator expansion pack on the back of the bike, i have also had the head and barrel skimmed twice as im sure it was warped and thought that was the problem but it still seems to overheat and spit water out Please can you tell me why this is happening and how to fix it.

Check your rad cap is working properly, if the spring has gone weak it will allow the water to boil away. Thermostat is worth a look too.

HI

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online