Hi Everyone problems with .......

Harry Beddows
This post is 5326 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well and thankyou for looking at this topic.

Right my yamaha DT125LC engine is not starting and we have stripped down the carb and blown it all out and we also looked

at the top bit where the

piston is and it all looks ok yesterday we replace the piston rings but no different and looks like it may need a rebore and

just wondered what sort of price it would cost or anything that could be causing this not to start there is ab good spark

would really really appreciate your advise .

Thanks for looking ,

Harry.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well and thankyou for looking at this topic.

Right my yamaha DT125LC engine is not starting and we have stripped down the carb and blown it all out and we also looked

at the top bit where the

piston is and it all looks ok yesterday we replace the piston rings but no different and looks like it may need a rebore and

just wondered what sort of price it would cost or anything that could be causing this not to start there is ab good spark

would really really appreciate your advise .

Thanks for looking ,

Harry.

If the top of the motor looks in reasonable condition leave it alone till we can get it running. You say you have a spark thats a start.

This is the first question i always ask, you have got a good quantity of new, clean fuel.

How did it run last time out, can you feel the compression of the motor on the kicker, is the plug wet after you have been trying to start the bike. Has it made any encouraging pops or other nearly starting noises.

That should keep you busy tommorow,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online