1973 Yamaha 80 identification

bighorse
This post is 5256 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am going to restore my best friend's childhood Yamaha 80 dirt bike. The manufacturer label indicates it was made 10/72, so I assume it's a 1973 model. The VIN is 393-004045. The battery cover has a Torque Induction decal below the number 80 decal. He referred to it as an Enduro, but I'm having a hard time determining exactly what model it is so I can begin searching for parts and other restoration resources. The gas tank decals and stripes appear to be painted. Is the paint lacquer? I've attached a couple of photos hoping someone can give me some specifics. Thanks.

img_0243.jpg

img_0244.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am going to restore my best friend's childhood Yamaha 80 dirt bike. The manufacturer label indicates it was made 10/72, so I assume it's a 1973 model. The VIN is 393-004045. The battery cover has a Torque Induction decal below the number 80 decal. He referred to it as an Enduro, but I'm having a hard time determining exactly what model it is so I can begin searching for parts and other restoration resources. The gas tank decals and stripes appear to be painted. Is the paint lacquer? I've attached a couple of photos hoping someone can give me some specifics. Thanks.

Yamaha GT80. I've got one...great little bike. You will not be disappointed! :thumb: