new bronze bushing, new torque settings?

hebrew hammer
This post is 5405 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys I just put new bronze bushings on there and it took a bit of encouragement and heat/cold to fit it in. Now I got everything all greased up nice and I torqued it to 47 lbs. How stiff should the swing arm play be? right now it acts like its frozen until I get it to about 20 lbs than it moves very freely. I believe the new bushings are a bit thicker in width than the old one, hence the lower torque settings. Any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What are we talking about here the rudder on your boat? Swing arm? Suspension arm on a car?

With bronze bushes they are only going to get worse with age, so I set them up a little on the tight side to start with. Not too tight though, I've never measured with a spring balance, just checked to see if it feels right.

What are we talking about here the rudder on your boat? Swing arm? Suspension arm on a car?

With bronze bushes they are only going to get worse with age, so I set them up a little on the tight side to start with. Not too tight though, I've never measured with a spring balance, just checked to see if it feels right.

oh sorry its the swingarm bushings to my xs400. Currently it has no shocks and is mounted on some blocks, it has no left or right play which is good, but how stiff should the swing arm be? It takes some effort to push it up and down with one arm, like if you wanted to push someone.

I'd set them so they just about remain in the same position when you let go, only just though. Any slight nudge should cause the swing arm to drop down.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online