YZF will not start + manual required

Hunticehunter
This post is 5409 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i bought this Yamaha YZF 750 R and it was delivered to my house, it started and ran okay, but the following day it would not start, it has plenty of fuel, and it has a weak couple of firing actions then it will not start, i can smell fuel,but with out the manual i do not know what to do next. the last bike i had was a BSA goldstar DB34 and before that a Velocette Thruxton, Triumph tiger 100 C so only knowing classic British bikes i am lost on this machine, so any help would be appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i bought this Yamaha YZF 750 R and it was delivered to my house, it started and ran okay, but the following day it would not start, it has plenty of fuel, and it has a weak couple of firing actions then it will not start, i can smell fuel,but with out the manual i do not know what to do next. the last bike i had was a BSA goldstar DB34 and before that a Velocette Thruxton, Triumph tiger 100 C so only knowing classic British bikes i am lost on this machine, so any help would be appreciated

Many bikes have a 'knack' to starting them, it could be that you just dont have this 'knack' yet with your bike ;) and there is nothing really wrong with it.

take the plugs out and put them in the oven to dry out for a while, leave them out overnight so the fuel can evaporate from the cylinder bores. Then try again...try it with choke and no or very little throttle twist.

...Paul

You did not say how many miles the bike has done. Check the compresion (an obvious thing to do if you are taking the plugs out anyway) - if it has done anywhere near 18,000miles or more, I can almost guarantee it will be low. Common on "high mileage" YZFs even though the first check interval for valve clearance was at 24,000.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online