wots your view

choppernorgate
This post is 5252 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

"We did this, we all have our part to play, and we play it, its the price we pay to be 'free'"

-Freidrich Buttmuncher

Global affairs analyst

Thalimen-LLoyd

:mellow:

Again, this sort of thing happens because we, the people, do nothing to stop it.

Jobless, having been here since 1991?

This country is a laughing stock, sponged off by everyone and the world knows it. That's why they come here - Because they know neither we, nor our government will do anything to stop it.

So you, yes you - All you're gonna do is sit there and grumble about it, right?

You're not actually gonna get off your backside and do anything about it. Neither is anyone else.

Made yer bed, now lie in it.

It's just plain daft, I can't believe it, why ? why hasn't this been stopped ?

I mean, honestly, why do you eh ?

Why do you read the Sun......... :lol:

As for the poor asylum seaker, why shouldn't they have a luxury home ? you don't see them moaning on, bitching about the state of the place, they just get on and enjoy it without moaning. Our counrty is now a rich tapestry of culture thanks to these guys. If they didn't keep this house in the great condition it's in it would probably become a drugs den or something. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, they are only playing the game, as most people would. You have your chance every 5 years to make a change, the majority never does and so we always stuck with the same leaders (sometimes the colour of the tie changes)with the same lilly livered approach to immigration. As soon as someone stands up with a stronger view they are shot down as racist.

As soon as someone stands up with a stronger view they are shot down as racist.

I'm usually labelled a Political Dissenter...

I'm usually labelled a Political Dissenter...

and would be 'erased' in many countries of the world....

What gets me, and as I type this I'm already thinking of the outbursts, is that certain cultures come over here to the good old UK and work, they work for peanuts doing jobs that UK residents just won't do becuase they get more on benifits, that is just plain wrong. Benifits should provide a very basic living for people, to keep them alive, it should be capped at an ammount that allows people to live - period.

We have a community of Poles up here, and they are the hardest workers I know, doesn't seam to matter if it's cold, wet, hot, whatever, they are there working on farms, factories or even selling stuff door to door (Betterware, paintings etc), they do it because they have pride, and would rather work all day to make enough to live on than take handouts. I doth my cap to these people.

Other cultures arrive here, make no attempt to learn any language, make no attempt to get work, then take take take. My wife is a teacher, the cash allocated for books for teaching the good old taxpayers children is capped - but if they have a child who has a different religion they get uncapped funds to support that child ! Now I ask you, how is that fair ??

Personally, I don't have a problem with immigrants, there are many who come for a better life, but with it they have pride, and work. Others come here expecting the country to support them.

As far as I can see the simplest way to deal with this is to limit benifits to all. You should always be better off if you are working, Tax credits for working families/people should be paid if you work, if you sit on your backside then tough, you only need enough for food, utilities, rent etc should be paid directly.

Ohh I'm having a right old moan today.....

and would be 'erased' in many countries of the world....

What gets me, and as I type this I'm already thinking of the outbursts, is that certain cultures come over here to the good old UK and work, they work for peanuts doing jobs that UK residents just won't do becuase they get more on benifits, that is just plain wrong. Benifits should provide a very basic living for people, to keep them alive, it should be capped at an ammount that allows people to live - period.

We have a community of Poles up here, and they are the hardest workers I know, doesn't seam to matter if it's cold, wet, hot, whatever, they are there working on farms, factories or even selling stuff door to door (Betterware, paintings etc), they do it because they have pride, and would rather work all day to make enough to live on than take handouts. I doth my cap to these people.

Other cultures arrive here, make no attempt to learn any language, make no attempt to get work, then take take take. My wife is a teacher, the cash allocated for books for teaching the good old taxpayers children is capped - but if they have a child who has a different religion they get uncapped funds to support that child ! Now I ask you, how is that fair ??

Personally, I don't have a problem with immigrants, there are many who come for a better life, but with it they have pride, and work. Others come here expecting the country to support them.

As far as I can see the simplest way to deal with this is to limit benifits to all. You should always be better off if you are working, Tax credits for working families/people should be paid if you work, if you sit on your backside then tough, you only need enough for food, utilities, rent etc should be paid directly.

Ohh I'm having a right old moan today.....

Totally agree with you gas, to emphasise your point there is a lass near me that has a 10 year old daughter, she is about to drop for another. Father unknown and absent could be one of two apparently. I was shot down in flames for saying that she was keeping herself coverd for the next 10 to 15 with her free council house and subsidised utilities.

Dole/benefits whatever should not be a replacement for work, my sister freely admits (with childcare) she cannot afford to go to work because with the benefits she'd loose and the childcare she would have to pay she cannot earn enough to actually have any money left at the end of the week, i think thats lame i have never been out of work and the reason the wife and i work stupid hours (as in start and finish times) is to save us having to spend on child care so it is perfectly possible.

Why can benefits be capped as you say, for the first 6 months you get a reasonable handout to keep you going while you are seeking work, the people who are out of work for a long period and i'm including my one parent sister in this, should have their utilities and rent coverd by the state and a basic amount of money for food and renumeration for expences they need for getting a job.

And before i get hung with gas for my views i have NEVER claimed from the benefits system, i have worked ever since i left school over 20 years ago, changing career and re-training (at my expence) 3 times in that period as the work i was doing dried up.

I'm nearly 50 years old... I have always worked ... I have NEVER claimed anything from the benefits system ...

This sort of thing makes my blood boil .... I work 6 days a week ... and bloody hard! And for what??? Feck all! Thats what!!! I work for myself ... and let me tell you, its not easy!!! All I seem to work for is to pay utility companies for overpriced gas, electric and water at business rates!!!! And thats not even to mention the bloody council tax!!!! I'm swamped with the bloody things .... and to hear that this family is taking the pi** like this is a total insult!!!!

It doesnt seem like it pays to work hard and take risks ... just sign on and you'll get everything!!!!

Sorry, rant over .... :)

Off to sign on!!!! :(

I'm nearly 50 years old... I have always worked ... I have NEVER claimed anything from the benefits system ...

This sort of thing makes my blood boil .... I work 6 days a week ... and bloody hard! And for what??? Feck all! Thats what!!! I work for myself ... and let me tell you, its not easy!!! All I seem to work for is to pay utility companies for overpriced gas, electric and water at business rates!!!! And thats not even to mention the bloody council tax!!!! I'm swamped with the bloody things .... and to hear that this family is taking the pi** like this is a total insult!!!!

It doesnt seem like it pays to work hard and take risks ... just sign on and you'll get everything!!!!

Sorry, rant over .... :)

Off to sign on!!!! :(

Sorry you work for your self your self- :o employed ? Your not entitled to anything