Help with XS250 Special

Lukecm
This post is 5406 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I am new to this club and have just bought an 81 XS 250 special. The bike runs but needs a few bits. The exhaust is shot and I think the right 2 into 1 is the Motad M24YSE but from pictures I think it originally had twin exhausts can you still get them or should I just go for the motad? The current exhaust is 2 into 1 by JAMA Original and has holes in both the downpipes and silencer. I only have one silencer mountig bracket. The seat is split, can you get a replacement cover? The starter button on the handlebars is missing but works if you stick a screwdriver in the hole. So I need a new button. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Luke

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I am new to this club and have just bought an 81 XS 250 special. The bike runs but needs a few bits. The exhaust is shot and I think the right 2 into 1 is the Motad M24YSE but from pictures I think it originally had twin exhausts can you still get them or should I just go for the motad? The current exhaust is 2 into 1 by JAMA Original and has holes in both the downpipes and silencer. I only have one silencer mountig bracket. The seat is split, can you get a replacement cover? The starter button on the handlebars is missing but works if you stick a screwdriver in the hole. So I need a new button. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Luke

:welcome: Luke, feel the force

you can use xs400 stuff as they are exactly the same. the specials had a shorter silencer and a more curved downpipe. you could fit the standard type longer one from SITO exhausts.

there was a new system on ebay last week so try searching xs400 as well as xs250. you can also get seat covers and starter buttons there.

other suppliers cmsnl.com, granbys, motoward, fowlers, jim patch.

A friend of mine had down pipes made for him out of stainless for £60 a pair, which was cheap if your that way inclined. don't for get if you use short pipes, yamaha used a cross pipe underneath to efectivly lengthen the exhaust outlet.

Also try Armours in Poole, dorset.

drewps

Thanks for your help, with the SITO exhausts where can I buy them. I did a search but they seem to be only for modern scooters. I did email one of the sellers on ebay about the seat cover but they said they only listed the standard "flat" style seat. I tried Armour this morning but they are shut on a Monday.

Regards

Luke

R K Leighton of brum will recover your seat for you. they have a web presence and do a great job!

motad one here

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online