white lights

up.yours
This post is 5407 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i am looking for a white light effect simular to the projector type hids,but without the expence .it needs to be a direct bulb swap ,i tried various types such as blue light white light rainbow ,this was a so called super white (not) light .have you got or do you know of such a bulb .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can use LED bulbs to get a similar <solid> colour (sort of crisp blue white), but you don't get the spread of colours you do with Bi-Zenon or HID lights. Also if you are looking for something to light the road then forget it, LED's are a good 'look at me, I'm here' light but crap for lighting the way, just don't have the output

Take care if you do decide to go down the HID route, as the spread pattern on your bike will be different, it's one thing being seen, but another if the car approaching you is blinded and cant see where he's going..... in the words of the lottery -> It could be you!

ta gas up , but leds are a definate no go for me as i do need to see where im going at night on them quite country lanes ,but in the day light i want that look at me im here glow.without going down the led road i need to brighten up the tail light also.

ta gas up , but leds are a definate no go for me as i do need to see where im going at night

BikeVis are good for LED lights, you can get replacement sidelight bulbs and bullet lights - not sure if they do red ones, but worth a look.

www.adventure-spec.com do a range of lighting options, 35w HID kits for £100 or they do a replacement LED bulb for around £85 but even so these are crap in comparison to Halogen.

It depends on your bike really, but I made a light bar for the TTR (these have really crap lights) and put a couple of cheap Halfrauds lights on it. I made it so that I can take it off easily in the spring. Lots of options, just need to find the one that suits.

BikeVis are good for LED lights, you can get replacement sidelight bulbs and bullet lights - not sure if they do red ones, but worth a look.

www.adventure-spec.com do a range of lighting options, 35w HID kits for £100 or they do a replacement LED bulb for around £85 but even so these are crap in comparison to Halogen.

It depends on your bike really, but I made a light bar for the TTR (these have really crap lights) and put a couple of cheap Halfrauds lights on it. I made it so that I can take it off easily in the spring. Lots of options, just need to find the one that suits.

It is better to have a white LED bulb/lamp in the tail as the red lense filters out about 30% of the light so white are brighter, also you will only see it when you look in a line with the direction the led is pointing in due to led's being very directional. I found this with my suzuki. I ended up with a white led unit with led's all over it like a led hedgehog that was pretty good.

Biggest problem i found when trying to get better light out of the 350 i had was the generator had enough trouble with a bigger bulb let alone any extra lamps.

It is better to have a white LED bulb/lamp in the tail as the red lense filters out about 30% of the light so white are brighter, also you will only see it when you look in a line with the direction the led is pointing in due to led's being very directional. I found this with my suzuki. I ended up with a white led unit with led's all over it like a led hedgehog that was pretty good.

Biggest problem i found when trying to get better light out of the 350 i had was the generator had enough trouble with a bigger bulb let alone any extra lamps.

Good point, I was thinking more for LED's that are exposed, rather than behind the lens.

There are mutli-facet LED bulbs available that work well inside the lampt with the reflectors, but they still have a long way to go before they are as good as bulbs. The biggest advantage of course is the minute power draw over bulbs..

If you were to replace the side, stop & tail bulbs you would save in the region of 14 watts, don't sound like much until you start thinking about heated grips/gps/phone chargers etc on small capacity bikes, then it can help.

power drain is another problem ,i find that when the lights are on the horn sometimes warbles instead of honks,if the lights are off it works fine.ta for the links but i still dont want the leds but i do want a whiter light .im sure one brand differs from another so who make the brightest white bulbs.

power drain is another problem ,i find that when the lights are on the horn sometimes warbles instead of honks,if the lights are off it works fine.ta for the links but i still dont want the leds but i do want a whiter light .im sure one brand differs from another so who make the brightest white bulbs.

try here Kev

http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffybulbs.htm

power drain is another problem ,i find that when the lights are on the horn sometimes warbles instead of honks,if the lights are off it works fine.

So - dont honk at night and get your eyes tested. ;)

ATB

J

So - dont honk at night and get your eyes tested. ;)

ATB

J

I think he honks everynight, especially after a few beers and a curry

I think he honks everynight, especially after a few beers and a curry

:lol::lol::lol: Perhaps its his lurvly Mrs that needs the eye test. :PB)

ATB

J

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online