bulb gone

choppernorgate
This post is 5234 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i used my honda blackbird and the head light bulb has gone,i checked fuse put new bulb in still the same anyone got clue high beam works n dip works :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Confused...what do you mean "high beam works n dip works " ,?

sorry the small bulb works the head light dont work the main or pass light works

can it be the relay

sorry the small bulb works the head light dont work the main or pass light works

can it be the relay

Course it can...but there again it could be another reason, it could even be that the new bulb jou put in is no good! you really need a wiring diagram (usually found in manuals), a multimeter and an understanding of both these things to begin fault-finding properly...otherwise its just buying other bits like a relay and taking pot luck :huh:

Course it can...but there again it could be another reason, it could even be that the new bulb jou put in is no good! you really need a wiring diagram (usually found in manuals), a multimeter and an understanding of both these things to begin fault-finding properly...otherwise its just buying other bits like a relay and taking pot luck :huh:

i will put the tester on it tomorow just wonted a lazy way out thanks

i will put the tester on it tomorow just wonted a lazy way out thanks

thanks to you all for your help i took it to the docs he put new bulb in, no change so he put the multimetre and did just wot i did, comfirmed alls ok so he put another bulb in and yes 3 bulbs later. thought it was a loom prob: so thanks again for your help guys.

thanks to you all for your help i took it to the docs he put new bulb in, no change so he put the multimetre and did just wot i did, comfirmed alls ok so he put another bulb in and yes 3 bulbs later. thought it was a loom prob: so thanks again for your help guys.

I used to do sparky work till i knackerd my back and if i had a quid for every time i heard 'but its a new bulb' i'd be a bloody millionaire.

I used to do sparky work till i knackerd my back and if i had a quid for every time i heard 'but its a new bulb' i'd be a bloody millionaire.

have you not ever bought a bulb that didnt work,

have you not ever bought a bulb that didnt work,

Plenty, it is the first thing i check EVERY time i have a light issue.

Good to hear its fixed :D That would have been the first thing I did after the new bulb didnt work ie check the 'new' bulb with the meter.

i checked it with 2wires on the batery, high beam worked, they only have two pins on them bulbs so didnt know how to check the lower beam if that makes sense ;)

i checked it with 2wires on the batery, high beam worked, they only have two pins on them bulbs so didnt know how to check the lower beam if that makes sense ;)

One pin for main beam, one pin for dip and the metal case acts as the earth, well kinda, modern bikes use neutral/ negative switching so you can use smaller wire and switches but you get the idea. What you did was power the dip beam and main at the same time via the common 'earth' connection.

cynic: you have always been a dim bulb anyway... :rolleyes:

Better that than blinded by stupidity <_<

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online