rd125lc cdi

bighomer46
This post is 5414 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

Is there anyway of testing a cdi unit, rd125lc

The frame No is 1GW001861

yamaha 34X-85841-01 (No off the circuit board)

34X-85842-00 ( No off the long black chip on the board)

1GU-MO71S (off the black box)

I presume the No for the cdi is 1gu-85841-M0

It has two plugs and one wire

One plug has 5 wires and one plug has 2 wires and a bullet connecter with one wire

Please can someone tell me if this part has been superseeded by another or where i can source one as I think it is faulty.

If a photo would help I will take a couple and post them

Thanks

in advance

David

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Generally workshop manuals say that everything else should be checked first and give details about what to do and what resistance values you can expect to find on the various coils etc. Only after all this has been done do they say substitute the CDI for another...they never give a way of testing although there will be one. You can pay for this service at West Country Windings though

this post

may be useful too

Thanks for the Links,

I have no spark at all, and I have gone through the manual and tested the

Ohm Value of the coil etc and all checks out ok.

I have just put a new ignition on and am awaiting a new battery so one the battery arrives I will go through the system again.

Can you tell me when the ignition is turned on should I hear the motor reset on the valves or ypvs ??

At the moment nothing is happening.

Also do you know off the frame No what year this machine is.

In France these bikes are not on a log book or anything and Bike do not have MOT's

So it is get it running and go.

Thanks

David

Thanks for the Links,

I have no spark at all, and I have gone through the manual and tested the

Ohm Value of the coil etc and all checks out ok.

I have just put a new ignition on and am awaiting a new battery so one the battery arrives I will go through the system again.

Can you tell me when the ignition is turned on should I hear the motor reset on the valves or ypvs ??

At the moment nothing is happening.

Also do you know off the frame No what year this machine is.

In France these bikes are not on a log book or anything and Bike do not have MOT's

So it is get it running and go.

Thanks

David

I have a test rig that will run AC cdi boxes. <_< I built it myself and it simulates the generator, altering the voltage and frequency as the engine would as it runs up and down the revs. there's a few other features I included to test other functions as well

I have a test rig that will run AC cdi boxes. <_< I built it myself and it simulates the generator, altering the voltage and frequency as the engine would as it runs up and down the revs. there's a few other features I included to test other functions as well

I have sent you PM asking about shipping to you to test

Thanks you very much

A Great Offer

David

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online