rxs100

jayrxs
This post is 4644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

iv got a rxs 100 as a first bike got cbt munday,i was wunderin what 2stroke oil is the best to use mineral/synthetic?

i only ever use synthetic, despite having to pay extra for it, you can get it from £8 to £15 depending where you get it from.

Mineral oil is derived from crude oil and synthetic oil is not.

Since mineral oil is an oil 'distillate' it tends to be less stable when exposed to high heat than synthetic oil.

Many people are not aware that much of our synthetic oil technology is from WW2 Nazi technology.

As a rule synthetic oil is superior to crude based oil and is specifically required in many high performance and high load/friction engines.

fully synthetic here check this out

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Yamaha/RXS_100/95-97/picture/2_Stroke_Oil_-_Fully_Synthetic_-_Vision_-_ONE_Litre/

you can get everything you need from wemoto or ebay

philo

• 2 years later...

its two years later and funnily i came across this post, was reading the answer and realized it was me! lol just wanted to add, that although synthetic is superior to mineral, on some bikes with a wet clutch, it can make/help the clutch to slip under power. semi-synthetic is sometimes the answer

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online