82 xs400 carb help

dtmf
This post is 5409 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

in the manual for my carb's it list's the main jet's @ diff sizes for the LH/RH. when i changed my intake and exaust i changed my jet sizes as well. i went up 1 size on the main's and the pilot jet's . i kept the same size diff on the main's for each carb. the side that has a smaller size main jet now run's lean . why do the carb's have diff size main jet's . can i use the same size main's on both carb's ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well i went ahead and changed the main jet in the RH carb . now they both have #130. i did notice some changes @ wot seem's to pull a bit harder . also no more leanness in the RH carb. i'll be out on a long ride today to see how she does

well i went ahead and changed the main jet in the RH carb . now they both have #130. i did notice some changes @ wot seem's to pull a bit harder . also no more leanness in the RH carb. i'll be out on a long ride today to see how she does

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving Day, So how did she do on the shake down run? :mellow:

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving Day, So how did she do on the shake down run? :mellow:

she did good . plug's look good cept here in CA. we have alot of fuel additive's wich she does not like :(

i'm going out again today with a fresh set of plug's and new uni pod filter's insted of the one's from mikes xs . i also need to run the rest of this 91 octane out and go back to 87 .

she did good . plug's look good cept here in CA. we have alot of fuel additive's wich she does not like :(

i'm going out again today with a fresh set of plug's and new uni pod filter's insted of the one's from mikes xs . i also need to run the rest of this 91 octane out and go back to 87 .

I've been wanting to get out today too, stinking Black Friday crowd has been bad everything backed up. Darn, the neighbor just went by, he's put some V&H pipes on his sportster and they sound good. IF he can bear it so can I, talk to you later..... B)

hope you had a good ride B) mine was EPIC . there was nobody out on the twisty back road's here. the bike ran very good . i still need to change the valve shim's tho :whistle: . also if anyone want's i track my rides with a GPS and you can import them into google earth . realy cool . i can email you the file's if you want to see some good rides here in san diego :headbang:

hope you had a good ride B) mine was EPIC . there was nobody out on the twisty back road's here. the bike ran very good . i still need to change the valve shim's tho :whistle: . also if anyone want's i track my rides with a GPS and you can import them into google earth . realy cool . i can email you the file's if you want to see some good rides here in san diego :headbang:

Sure, (on gps files, I have a gps program on my laptop); I got a couple of opportunities to crack the throttle yesterday didn't find the neighbor though. Today will be our last goooood day for a ride as temps are headed to high 20s and low 30s for overnights and cruddy clouds during the day with chances for rain. Guess we are getting to December. Can you buy the shims you need or are they in a package? :)

Sure, (on gps files, I have a gps program on my laptop); I got a couple of opportunities to crack the throttle yesterday didn't find the neighbor though. Today will be our last goooood day for a ride as temps are headed to high 20s and low 30s for overnights and cruddy clouds during the day with chances for rain. Guess we are getting to December. Can you buy the shims you need or are they in a package? :)

it rained all day today :angry2: and i just finished my new camra mount . the valve shim's are a pain cuse you have to check them . then order each size you need . then wait for them to show up and hope they are the right size . here's the link's for the tool and the shim's . i'm shure you'll have to do your's some day on your 82 . the yamaha manual has a key to tell you the size you need

http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=1698

http://www.z1enterprises.com/catalog.aspx?pid=XS400-1982-EN1

it rained all day today :angry2: and i just finished my new camra mount . the valve shim's are a pain cuse you have to check them . then order each size you need . then wait for them to show up and hope they are the right size . here's the link's for the tool and the shim's . i'm shure you'll have to do your's some day on your 82 . the yamaha manual has a key to tell you the size you need

http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=1698

http://www.z1enterprises.com/catalog.aspx?pid=XS400-1982-EN1

Thanks for the links; Christmas coming up, a guy can always use more tools :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online