dt125 revs to high

wizzer
This post is 5239 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have a dt125lc when i start it it revs up way to high i tried to adjust the idle speed but it didn,t make any difference. I read somewhere that this problem could be an air leak but it ran fine before i took the carb off and i checked the inlet and it seems sealed.

Could someone point me in the right dirrection as in what could be the problem.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you got the carb slide in right ? The cutaway at the bottom of the slide should face back towards the airbox.Also make sure the throttle cable outer hasn't come out of the junction box. Tony

The bike was running fine then i ran the tank dry by accident. Filled it back up after that it started bogging down and stalled couldn,t start it. i took the carb off beacuse i thought maybe it had pulled crap into the carb cleaned the bowl put it back together still diddn,t work.

Replaced the spark plug, Bingo!! It fired up first kick but reved all the way to 8000rpm.

I checked the carb slide it wasn,t in the right way so i turned it round didn,t make a difference. i tried adjusting the idle speed no difference.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online