Virago Vin number

rd350andy
This post is 5418 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All,

new to this forum but already have a puzzle, just bought a Virago 535. All looks ok i.e. genuine however i cant find the bikes history i know its an import to the UK in 1996. It has the additional header tank VIN numbers where they should be i.e. on the frame plus vin plate and on the engine which all match. However the code on the Vin starts 3BR- according to the haynes manual the US 1996 model has an unavailable code. Anyone know what this code relates to, all web sites i have found dont list it ?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello All,

new to this forum but already have a puzzle, just bought a Virago 535. All looks ok i.e. genuine however i cant find the bikes history i know its an import to the UK in 1996. It has the additional header tank VIN numbers where they should be i.e. on the frame plus vin plate and on the engine which all match. However the code on the Vin starts 3BR- according to the haynes manual the US 1996 model has an unavailable code. Anyone know what this code relates to, all web sites i have found dont list it ?

Thanks

Did a bit of research , the vin plate has everything quoted in Franch and German i.e. Hubraum and cylindree for cubic capacity so the bike originates most likely from France but still cant find the vin number reference "3BR" anyone else got a virago import from France or Germany

Dear rd350andy,

According to the info I have the 3BR prefix was used on 4MC models [4MC1 - 4MC9; 1994-1998]of the XV535 & XV535S imported in to Europe, mainly Germany. Hope this helps in some way.

Thanks thats great, its all coming together now. It must be 1995 upto 1998 as its got the header tank plus twin pot front break caliper.

Thanks again

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online