popping

mikefish
This post is 5308 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check the exhaust, too. You might have a hole developing somewhere.

or it will have a PAIR system (not to sure on ure bike may not have one or may be named diforently) basicly it pumps air in to the exhast to decrece imisions as the air then creats the unburnt (u will allways get some) fuel in the exhast to combust with the air as it hits the hot exhausts (backfire/pop) thus making the popping noise, its nothing to worry about realy. if it is a air leak in the exhast (if they have slip/clamp) over joints then just use some normal house hold sealent its mutch better than exhast sealent and cheeper to.

on my sv650 i still have the PAIR system in place, so did my MT-03 and both of them poped, the sv aspecialy since it has a race can and air filter, if i were to remove the system it would stop the poping, but carnt be botherd as i like fire :D

this may be totaly wrong for you bike but my MT-03 has it my gilera dn50cc moped had it and my sv650 twin has it so most likley ures will to, in some shape or form

just a quick rundown of how it work (most of the time) there will be a small out let on the topend of the engine basicly the negative presure of the up or down stroke (i foreget) of piston sucks air through a small tube from the air filter box (or has its own mini filter)through some other valves (maybe electric) in to the exhast and then does what i explaned above

Dan

• 5 weeks later...

I had the same problem. One day, for some reason, I raised the face shield on my 3/4 helmet and...voila!...the popping stopped. Lowered the face shield and the popping started again. Bottom line: it wasn't the bike at all...it was wind/pressure playing tricks with my helmet/ears. Go figure...

Dave

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online