Yamaha DT 175MX Electrical Sleevinhg

JacobHendry
This post is 5416 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I’m new on this site and hopefully I’m posting in the right place. I’ve got a 1980 DT 175MX (although first registered in Feb 1980 the Chassis Number points to it being a 1978 model – 2K4 – I have asked Yamaha UK if there’s a way pf checking this). I’m fitting new indicators for it that I got from Red Rose as there were none, and I wondered if anybody could tell me where to get the black sleeving that the handlebar cables have. I’ve looked on the internet but can’t seem to see exactly what I need.

Thanks

(I may be featuring more frequently here as I’m about to swap over the top end to temporarily turn it into a 125!!)

Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

I’m new on this site and hopefully I’m posting in the right place. I’ve got a 1980 DT 175MX (although first registered in Feb 1980 the Chassis Number points to it being a 1978 model – 2K4 – I have asked Yamaha UK if there’s a way pf checking this). I’m fitting new indicators for it that I got from Red Rose as there were none, and I wondered if anybody could tell me where to get the black sleeving that the handlebar cables have. I’ve looked on the internet but can’t seem to see exactly what I need.

Thanks

(I may be featuring more frequently here as I’m about to swap over the top end to temporarily turn it into a 125!!)

Paul

Welcome to the YOC forum Paul :D

So far as the sleeve goes, Dont know where you will get the exact same sleeve from but perhaps try some black heat shrink Here sleeve or try yambits, give Dave a ring there

...Paul

As to the year of the bike it can be a 1980 and have a 2K4 prefix, Yamaha used that chassis prefix for all the monocross models from 1978 through to 1985 when the LC took over.

Here is a guide to help.....

Feb 1978 to the start of 1979, 2K4-000101 on, Production code 2K4

1979 only, 2K4-010101 on, Production code 2X2

1980 to 1985, 2K4-020101 on Production code 4J4

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online