Flywheel pulling on 1973 rt1

rpwagon
This post is 5418 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a yamaha rt1 360 that lost spark I suspect it's that the points need filing. Does anybody have any idea how to get the flywheel off this thing? is there a cheap way? do i need a puller? where do I get it? also any idea on the flywheel itself is it keyed? I am afraid I will screw up the timing if i mess with it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a yamaha rt1 360 that lost spark I suspect it's that the points need filing. Does anybody have any idea how to get the flywheel off this thing? is there a cheap way? do i need a puller? where do I get it? also any idea on the flywheel itself is it keyed? I am afraid I will screw up the timing if i mess with it.

Welcome to the forum!

I believe the points are on the outside of this bike...which means you are removing the points assembly and then the rotor. You need a slide hammer, and not a flywheel puller, if this is the case. Pictures? :D

Welcome to the forum!

I believe the points are on the outside of this bike...which means you are removing the points assembly and then the rotor. You need a slide hammer, and not a flywheel puller, if this is the case. Pictures? :D

thanks for the welcome. I am fairly certain that the points are behind the flywheel on this one. pics soon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online