DT175MX Oil Connectors...Help

nickdt175
This post is 5340 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help Please...

Just rebuilding my DT engine and the oil pipes going to and from the autolube pump are holed and need replacement.

These plastic pipes go through the engine case and use two metal 'male to male' connectors to pass through the case before connecting on to the oil tank and carb.

I need to remove these two connectors which that are inserted into the engine case to do the job properly...Anyone now how to get them out?

I really dont want to mix the oil with each tank of petrol!!

Ta

Nick

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nick, these connectors are a permanent fixture and you should not try to remove them, you will no doubt have access to the pipe connections to the two spigot's if you drain the oil and remove the clutch casing.

...Paul

Thanks Paul.. the engine casing is already apart and there is no access internally to the spiggots as the nipples that receive the oil cables are hidden within the internal castings of the casing. I simply cant see how you replace the internal oil lines without removing the spiggots. you cant get in there to either remove the oil pipes or put new ones on?

nick

Hi Nick

Just had a look on the Yamaha USA site under parts and selected DT175H which looks like the DT175MX and look under oil pump and it shows the two connectors as seperate parts so i would have thought that they are removable.It might be worth having a chat with your local Yamaha dealer to see if they are still availabe in case you damage them trying to get them out. Tony.

Thanks Paul.. the engine casing is already apart and there is no access internally to the spiggots as the nipples that receive the oil cables are hidden within the internal castings of the casing. I simply cant see how you replace the internal oil lines without removing the spiggots. you cant get in there to either remove the oil pipes or put new ones on?

nick

OK so a while back I bought a spare engine pile of poo off ebay and as it is at my workplace decided to investigate further. ;)

Here are the oil connections in the case

Oilpipeconnectors_1.jpg

And the other side with the case removed from the engine...too cramped to get access to remove the tubes

Oilpipeconnectors_2.jpg

so I used a pair of vise grips (mole grips) and got a hold of the spigot like this

Oil_pipe_connectors_5.jpg

and then got a grip of the vise grip in a bench vise. Then using a wooden drift I tapped the casing and the spigot came free

Oilpipeconnectors_3.jpg

Oilpipeconnectors_4.jpg

So here it is...removed ready for a new tube to be fitted

Oilpipeconnectors_6-1.jpg

Tip...remove the smaller spigot first and then you will have better access for the vise grip on the other

I did this without any heat although it may be easier with heat if its stuck fast.

...Paul