dt125x wheelie

dt125x
This post is 5420 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I have an 06 dt125x and it wont wheelie ?????

Well it shud " Roll away in first blurt throttle to say 3000rpm , shut throttle, this will compress forks, then wind on power[ the rebound of forks will help] & up she"l come .. watch and not come over the back. [ close throttle] to bring back down , the better u get u can control the hieght & lenth of wheeliecool.gif

The down-side is -- steched chain, and getit wrong , sore ass& expencive fix,, allways wear a helmet, i know a guy who didnt , came of the back , Cracked his scull, died after a week in hosp . so beware

Hi I have an 06 dt125x and it wont wheelie what should i do to the sprockets or power valve to change this?

Thanks

Go to a whelie school to learn how or save up for the damage you WILL do to your bike trying.

Go to a whelie school to learn how or save up for the damage you WILL do to your bike trying.

i know that damage can happen i have been driving bikes for 10years but recently bought this bike and the front wont come up much past a foot high even in first gear! so wondering what mods will help

If its fully deristricted then it should wheelie of the power in 1st and with the clutch in 2nd, a good tug on the bars always helps too ;)

1) learn on a field, grass is more forgiving than asphalt.

2) use the clutch, don't bother powerwheelieng.

I'm not sure about these new ones, but you shouldn't really have any problem power wheelying.

I got a 78 DT 175MX, 350lc powerjet carb, some decent reeds, and a half decent air-filter/exhaust and that will power wheelie in 3rd if needs be.

rev her up high whilst moving slowly, then let the clutch out more sharply than you normally would, then do it more and more until the wheel comes up slightly.

Again with the compressing the forks thing, really can help, just pull your clutch in -> rev -> slam clutch back out (about 1/8" from full bite) and she'll come up..

Btw, keep your foot on the brake pedal, and if you've got any sort of instincts you'll hit it the first time your wheel comes up anyway. It took me a while to stop myself automaticly hitting the brake pedal at first.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online