need to duoble check an engine number

diymirage
This post is 5416 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys

i just recently bought a 1988 yamaha DT50LC and when i bought it i was gonna register it as a moped

long story short, they made me license it as a motorcycle so now im trying to get it the power of a motorcycle

i found a big bore kit that i think might fit it but i wanted to run the numbers by some of you guys who actually know what they are doing

the code on the cylender wall reads: 17W01 49 CM3

the kit im looking at says it fits the following

DT50 LC WITH JAPANESE (SQUARE) ENGINE 17W 3LM1 3LM2 3LM3 RZ50 LC

is my 17W01 a version of the 17W engine they list ?

i mean, would this fit for sure ?

thanks guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

wild foamy did this and basically seized his bike up, so went back to 49cc.

give him a PM if its been a while as he has just bought a (ahem!) A CAR (cough, splutter!)

drewps

wild foamy did this and basically seized his bike up, so went back to 49cc.

give him a PM if its been a while as he has just bought a (ahem!) A CAR (cough, splutter!)

drewps

if im not mistaking foamy had a aircooled RD didn't he ?

mine is a liquid cooled so his barrel wouldnt do me no good anyhow :(

if im not mistaking foamy had a aircooled RD didn't he ?

mine is a liquid cooled so his barrel wouldnt do me no good anyhow :(

the original question was about fitting a big bore kit which foamy did. I'm sure that his experience with it would still count!!

the original question was about fitting a big bore kit which foamy did. I'm sure that his experience with it would still count!!

im not shy of expierience in installing big bore kits, ive had them on all my MTs, MTXs and TSXs i've had over the years

but

that was almost a decade ago and i have since lost my "network" of people whom i could have asked if this exact barrel will fit my engine

so what i really wanted to know is does a barrel labeled for a 17W engine fit my 17W01 ?

(i kinda asumed that the aircooled DT foamy had was a different engine, so also a different engine code and that put my numbers outside of his expierience)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online