Drilling XVS650 Exhausts

mark_halstead
This post is 5418 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone

New member here on my recently bought XVS Dragstar. Loving the bike in everyway, especially as i am coming from a Honda VT125 Shadow...so nice to be able to overtake traffic instead of trying to ride the slip stream to keep my speed up!

Anyway, i have a question: When people talk about 'drilling' their exhausts, do they literally mean just drilling the plate that you can see (with the small pipe coming out venting the gases!) when looking into the mouth of the exhaust? Wanting a little more grunt sound wise so am up for doing this but not sure if i am understanding the process correctly and dont want to be left with a broken pipe!!

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Everyone

New member here on my recently bought XVS Dragstar. Loving the bike in everyway, especially as i am coming from a Honda VT125 Shadow...so nice to be able to overtake traffic instead of trying to ride the slip stream to keep my speed up!

Anyway, i have a question: When people talk about 'drilling' their exhausts, do they literally mean just drilling the plate that you can see (with the small pipe coming out venting the gases!) when looking into the mouth of the exhaust? Wanting a little more grunt sound wise so am up for doing this but not sure if i am understanding the process correctly and dont want to be left with a broken pipe!!

Cheers

Here's what one fellow did..

My link

You can do that..... But you've just taken the price of a new exhaust set off your resale value if you do.

Or, you can get some Highway Hawk straight-through pipes and have your bike sound like a Spitfire when it goes past!!!

Well, i drilled my exhaust today, just four holes in each unit and the sound is perfect! Not to loud, just a really nice 'gurgle gurgle' when stationary and a good 'bark' when i hit the throttle! Thanks for all the advice

is it possible to maybe upload a picture?

Think i might try it also.

thx

Peter

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online