1979 yb100 race bike

Devine
This post is 5432 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello every one! i have just brought 2 yamaha yb100's to use as racing bikes (one for my dad and one for me). i have 3 weeks to have them ready. most of the other bikes are suzuki fxr150's (150cc being the biggest 4 stroke aloude and 125cc being the biggest 2 stroke).

any how.... can any one give me some advice on setting up the bike, e.g. what fork oil to run, any easy mods to do to the engine and exhaust. the problem i have is its on a budget, allowing $1000.00 to go from scratch to on the track.

so far i have spent $180.00 on a r2 racing zip together racing suit, $69.00 on a fox back protector, $375.00 on the bike. not leaving a hell of a lot to spend on mods. i am very capable on doing the stuff my self, i have a full workshop i can access to get stuff done.

any help would be great! cheers guys and girls.

the main thing is to get out there and have fun, but it is more fun to win races!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum Devine

I suppose standard 2 stroke tuning techniques, lightening the bike of all superfloues fittings and up grading suspension, tyres and brakes! its a matter of how far and how much you do yourself to keep the budget down!

Personally I'd go for sticky rubber, progressive front springs with 15 - 20w oil (depending on body weight), rear hagon dampers, homemade rear sets, ace bars and better brake material.

you can always go round corners flat out :lol:

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online