What does a restrictor kit for an xj 600 look like?

Mike Legdon
This post is 5283 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had my R reg xj 600 N restricted 18 months ago, today whilst fitting a new choke cable I got a bit curious.

My understanding is that the official Yamaha restrictor kit was a set of washers that sat between the Carb and the top of the engine inside the rubber seals, or is it a complete replacement set of the rubber seals?

If it is the later then fine, if it is separate washers then I paid £200 for a useless piece of paper and I have been riding illegally for 18 months.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There are 3 types of restrictor for the XJ,

the first one shown here is a 'Washer' type plate that reduces the amount of air/fuel,4 of these.

Divvy6Restrictors001-1.jpg

or this one which acts like a 'stop' on the carb slides, 4 of these

XJ600-Restrictor.jpg

and this type sits under the intake rubbers on top of the manifold, also 4 of these

DSCF3044-1.jpg

so get the tank off and the air-box and start delving, be very carefull with the rubbers (oooh eeer Missus)

hope this helps :mellow:

I have checked this morning, no washer plate on the bottom of the manifold, and no washers in the rubbers at the top of the manifold.

The only thing left is the carb sliders, I am struggling to understand where these are, do they restrict the throttle piston from moving back? How do I find them?

Thanks.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online